Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
I have just bought a new 125ah leisure battery, as the leisure battery I have in use is 75ah. Am I right in thinking that I shouldn't connect the 2 in parallel (parallel....makes me think of the Austrian ski school....lol ) Sorry the mind just wandered a bit....Not very good with electrikery....

Shirl

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I have just bought a new 125ah leisure battery, as the leisure battery I have in use is 75ah. Am I right in thinking that I shouldn't connect the 2 in parallel (parallel....makes me think of the Austrian ski school....lol ) Sorry the mind just wandered a bit....Not very good with electrikery....

Shirl

Hi Shirl, I point people to this article, it's great http://www.marxrv.com/12volt/12volt.htm

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Shirl.

providing your 75ah battery is still in good condition there's no reason not to connect the 125ah to it in parallel.
connecting in parallel will produce just one large 200ah battery.
if the original is faulty in any way the pair will not fully charge and discharge quickly, even though the 125ah is new.

connected in series will undercharge a 125ah and at the same time will overcharge the 75ah and would need 24v charger anyway.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Incamania

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Preston
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2002
Paralleling 2 x 12 volt Batteries

Hi
Last year I went down this route and also posted a note on this forum, if you visit Kemo Germany at Broken Link Removed they have a small unit which allows same voltage batteries of differing capacities to be safely connected to a single source. There's a technical info sheet to explain all.
I sent for one, cost about £15 if I remember correctly. They also have an efficient english Q & A email response.
The unit is called a 2 ACCUMULATOR CHARGER.
Hope this helps
Incamania

spannermanwigan

Free Member
May 22, 2008
wigan, lancs
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1973
Take a look at the posts here save me typing them again