just a thought (1 Viewer)

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Just a thought, in a few years will this site be as boring as other sites?

On other sites the same questions just keep getting repeated over and over and over again, then again, on other some none motorhome related sites the moderators redirect repeated questions to posts where the answers already are, sometime this looks a bit arrogant sometimes it looks like a good idea, what do others think.

Or how else do you keep a forum fresh?

Ralph

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:rofl: Seeing as the design and build of Motorhomes/RV's rarely drastically changes? Most things that are asked are bound to be related or have been discussed in the past. Newcomer's to the world of Motorhomes/RV's require answers to questions that some may find boring. BUT as I mention often? We ALL have to start somewhere. NONE of us are born with ALL the information we may require. If I received a pound for ALL the times I am asked the SAME question about buying from, touring in and importing from the USA I could buy a Provost. :roflmto:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I agree that the same question crops up time and time again but although it old to us it's not to new owners. :D
That is the reason we get all sorts of topics on here, when some complain that it should only be motorhome related stuff, they should realise that the forum would soon just go round and round with grey, black , and gassing.
It is more like being in the pub or at a meet or whatever, and discussions wander off, that's what keeps it fresh.

My Dog Likes Fishing

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678
Exp
Hang on while I look at my watch
You just tend to skip certain topics in posts and some posters. Still very informative though and a good read every now and again. It's given me some good advice and ideas. Don't log in every day though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
As old as this OP is, there are occasions where I think I have found an answer in the search facility, but set a new thread away in case of advances or changes and invariably find loads of new information that wasn't available in the search :D

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
You just tend to skip certain topics in posts and some posters. Still very informative though and a good read every now and again. It's given me some good advice and ideas. Don't log in every day though.
I don't like to skip any topics or especially posters, as sometimes you may not agree with something in the post or what they say because if you do , you can't put your point of view, because they may well be wrong and you can tell them so, but another time it might be something you agree with and you can also tell them that.
I find there are posters on here who I totally agree with on some things yet in others absolutely disagree.
Much like life in general(y):)

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
The real beauty of this site is that it is only lightly moderated - and then probably more by the members using the Report function. Mostly only if Rule 1 is broken (look it up if you don't know what it is) does Jim get involved. As for repeat requests, there's always a fresh view.

I may not agree with you, but I'll defend your right to say it.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Im not sure if this the right place, but Im going to france and Im afraid of being gased

and Im not sute what to do with my grey waist

and.......................

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)

On other sites the same questions just keep getting repeated over and over and over again, then again, on other some none motorhome related sites the moderators redirect repeated questions to posts where the answers already are, sometime this looks a bit arrogant sometimes it looks like a good idea, what do others think.

Ralph

Just a thought its 10yesrs down the line since your original post, your still a member, how would you answe your question now. Spooky it's like going into the future.

Jun 10, 2013
Sussex
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Festivals
I don't think it will really, Ralph. There's always new things, new vehicles, new situations, faults, annoyances and of course travel. I think the whole remain interesting for people who have been doing it for a while and it will be freshened up by newcomers. If I'm still around, I also look forward to automated motohomes where there's no human driving interface anymore, having been replaced with a UX (User eXperience) based on discovery and leisure not the mechanics of driving.

Ralph

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
The key to keeping the site fresh is the constant arrival of first time van owners and it is inevitable that they will cover ground that has been done to death. However they also come up with stuff that is new and relevant so I think its a minor problem worth putting up with.

The Tincas

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Im not sure if this the right place, but Im going to france and Im afraid of being gased

and Im not sute what to do with my grey waist

and.......................
Stop farting and why have you got a grey waist, has the dye run in your grungies or sumfink? (n):LOL:

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
They say that "In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is King".
I'm still just a Prince... 7 years into this game, so eyes a "little bit wider open, but STILL asking questions.
A GREAT site with some amusing folks and some experts in many different fields of interest.
(NO not green fields ! !
Mitch.

OP
OP
Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
I do not even remember writing this but it is still going.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back