Just a quick question about storing (1 Viewer)

Builder147

Free Member
Oct 5, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
C Class bessy E560
Exp
Getting the hang of it
Just wondered what you guys use to stop things moving around when on the road etc? Any links to products etc greatly appreciated:Smile:.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
5.jpg

sorted :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
you can get rolls of anti slip plastic from IKEA ( other well known brands are available :RollEyes: ) to line draws and cupboards with.
also you can get pots and pan felt type things that stop them rattling when together, the odd dish cloth dont go amiss in some places like oven trays or grill. and a mug holder and plate holder.:thumb:

failing that ..... you could turn the radio up! :Blush:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
The anti slip stuff is available in rolls in pound shops home bargains type places

OP
OP
Builder147

Builder147

Free Member
Oct 5, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
C Class bessy E560
Exp
Getting the hang of it
Brilliant:thumb: thanks for all the tips :Smile:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It really depends what you are trying to stop moving about! In our camper I've used some plate domestic type racks to put the plates in, which can then be jammed solid with a cloth to stop them moving about and chattering, baskets and boxes to stop stuff jumping out of cupboards.

The grippy cupboard lining stuff is definitely available in pound shops so don't pay more than that for it and pieces of it can be used between glasses, cups etc to keep them apart. Wine bottles etc can be put inside socks (clean ones!) to prevent them clanking together. Old tea-towels can be used between pans and plates, or cheap dish cloths etc. For larger areas such as underseat lockers I've used old foam camping mats, rubber type yoga exercise mats (cheap from car boot sales), even some vinyl flooring and for containers I've again used more baskets, bags, plastic lidded storage boxes.

For clothes, towelling and bedding that aren't needed all the time, as well as dirty washing, we have some travel 'vacuum bags' (they are the type that you roll rather than have to use a vacuum cleaner to extract the air from) which work a treat - stuff is compressed down to 50-30% of the original size and so takes up a lot less space. They can be bought quite cheaply and come in a few different sizes to suit (you may actually find these in some of the cheaper shops, if not then you can certainly get them on Ebay).

We've got a couple of seat back pocket storage 'bags' which we have on the rear of the cab seats and take odds and sods (pens, paper, doggy bits, tissues).

I've actually converted our wardrobe into a 'larder' and pan store as we don't take any clothes that actually needs to go on coat hangers (which waste a lot of space anyway) and I've used standard type of plastic storage trays/baskets so I can get at stuff I use daily quite easily. Hooks on the back of cupboard doors hold the dish drainer, pan stands and the like, they don't take up much space that way and are easy to get at.

The key to stopping things moving around/making a racket as you travel is ensuring that they are packet well so they don't have any room to be able to move in the first place.:Smile:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Doesn't it add to the fun when the contents of the fridge and cupboards fall out at the first roundabout you hit?

Our old van had a fridge which you needed to lock but we always forgot, so cans of San Miguel would be rolling around the van until I could pull over:Doh:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Doesn't it add to the fun when the contents of the fridge and cupboards fall out at the first roundabout you hit?

Our old van had a fridge which you needed to lock but we always forgot, so cans of San Miguel would be rolling around the van until I could pull over:Doh:

Not when you open a cupboard which your dog is sitting under and a pan lid falls out on her and scares her silly!!! :Eeek:

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
And not if said can falls out and makes a hole in the worktop !!!!:cry:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Not when you open a cupboard which your dog is sitting under and a pan lid falls out on her and scares her silly!!! :Eeek:

Ah yes. We don't travel with pets, only children.

And they are battle hardened::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back