June

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by june123, Jul 24, 2012.

1. june123

june123 Read Only Funster

Realised I haven't introduced myself. Nothing much to say really. My partner John and I are both in our seventies but try not to act too old. John had a caravan when I first met him in 2001 but I persuaded him to change to a motorhome which he has never regretted. Just switch off and put the kettle on. We always have 3 weeks away in France or Germany each year so will be asking for tips re aires in the Annecy area and on the way down from Calais this year. As I asked in my first thread, I'd love to hear from other Burstner Viseo I595 owners as we have just bought one as we particularly liked the idea of a garage and the fixed beds. Any pros or cons?

2. wiljoy

wiljoy Funster

Hi and a big welcome to the family.
    There are a few Aires in Annecy and the only problem is that they are always very busy. The Germans appear to stay a long time making spaces scarce. On the route down you will be spoilt for choice. Put a thred on nearer your holiday and I am certain you will be receive masses on valueable information.

3. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Hi June, welcome to the Fun:thumb:

4. Traveller_HA5_3DOM

Traveller_HA5_3DOM Read Only Funster

Welcome both to 'Funsters' we are regular visitors to Germany and some of the lesser travelled routes in France. If you are an Autoroute 2010/11 user I have a good POI file that covers the latest ACSI, Bordatlas, Camperstop for France and Spain and a few other stopover places. We find it excellent for route planning and use it as a Sat Nav tool. It comes with a rather posh lady who we call Old Fruit mainly because on some of the earlier versions she was always saying Oooff Route.

5. FIDGET

FIDGET Funster

Hi, Welcome La balme de Sillingy not far from Annecy nice aire by lake with a bar . Terry:Cool:

6. Traveller_HA5_3DOM

Traveller_HA5_3DOM Read Only Funster

Nice one Fidget. I'ts one that's near to our regular route GPS is 45.971240, 6.031350