Rally [Jul 17, 2016] York Fun Rally (York) (1 Viewer)

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
Hi Jez & Lin,
We're are going to have to give your planned "Meet" a miss, due to lack of amenities.
We are both sorry to have to pull out.:cry::cry::cry:
Chris & Viv

OP
OP
D

DM14742

Deleted User
Happy New Year to you all! I will start taking bookings towards the end of this month. There has been a fantastic amount of interest and we are really looking forward to welcoming everyone to York and you may well find a Yorkshire thread running throughout the Rally! I will give advance notice to all who have posted an interest in coming.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Happy New Year to you all! I will start taking bookings towards the end of this month. There has been a fantastic amount of interest and we are really looking forward to welcoming everyone to York and you may well find a Yorkshire thread running throughout the Rally! I will give advance notice to all who have posted an interest in coming.
Thanks Cant wait just hope we have internet when you contact us xxx Kate

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Thanks Cant wait just hope we have internet when you contact us xxx Kate
Don't worry if you you're not online at the time Kate, as I'll give Sue a shout for you, when I get Jez & Lin's PM.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

kaybee

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2012
Yes definitely up for this but do need EHU so am trying to book with CC Which site is it as can't get a reply on phone nos Thanks

OP
OP
D

DM14742

Deleted User
We are getting quite a few trying to book via reply to PM's sent out. Please could you book from the date sent out on the PM with your intended duration. If you can't do 5 nights or more please use this thread to advertise yourself as open to a pitch share with another Funster and then book as indicated on the PM. Thanks...

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We've booked onto the CL. Just for 2 nights. The last Friday and Saturday. Looking forward to seeing a few new faces, and catching up with the regular old wrinkly ones !

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Guys, sorry but can you please take our names off the list as we cannot commit at the moment, if things change and there are places left then we will ask again. thanks, and we hope you all have a fab time with this meet.
many thanks
Andrea & Jeff

BONZO

Free Member
Mar 1, 2012
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki 30ft
Exp
Where is this site we are coming to can we have address post codes please . And the dates in July just to confirm . Thank u John n Linda
And where do we look for the booking form.,

We are getting quite a few trying to book via reply to PM's sent out. Please could you book from the date sent out on the PM with your intended duration. If you can't do 5 nights or more please use this thread to advertise yourself as open to a pitch share with another Funster and then book as indicated on the PM. Thanks...

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Where is this site we are coming to can we have address post codes please . And the dates in July just to confirm . Thank u John n Linda
If you click the details tab at the left/top of this thread it leads you to all the info. Then ask Jez to add your name . (y)

OP
OP
D

DM14742

Deleted User
I will put bank details on the Sunday evening Post for paying the deposit. As mentioned by Wildge all location details with dates are at the top of each page.

BONZO

Free Member
Mar 1, 2012
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki 30ft
Exp
I will put bank details on the Sunday evening Post for paying the deposit. As mentioned by Wildge all location details with dates are at the top of each page.
Thanks . Still finding my way round this site .

OP
OP
D

DM14742

Deleted User
Y:cooler:rk Rally July 17th - 25th

Now taking bookings for York. Please note we can initially only accept bookings of 5 or more nights or a pitch share. The limit is for 40 Vans plus Rally helpers who are Us, Pat & Trish, Pikeman (Keith & Sue) and Steve and Denise.
Rally rates are £6 per night unless you have booked with the CL for EHU. We are asking for £10 per head deposit which will pay for Pavilion Hire, food, entertainment etc. it saves me bothering you during the Rally for this that and the other. Please indicate your arrival and departure dates when booking.
You can either pay by cheque payable to L C Pilling and post to 31 Greencliffe Drive, York YO306NA, Please put your Funster name on or in the envelope so I know who's sent it.

Or by Bank transfer to The Co-operative Bank, Account No: 06208770 Sort Code: 08-91-04

Please include your Funster name on the transfer as I won't be able to tell who you are by your surname. I will chase up any outstanding deposits at the end of March to see if you still intend on coming.
We haven't mapped out a detailed timetable as yet but here are a few things we are wanting to do
Cheese and Wine get together Sunday Evening
A Yorkshire Themed night including fancy dress and Yorkshire fare. Prizes for the best / funniest.
Music and General Knowledge Quiz's
Live entertainment on the Friday or Saturday night including supper - Hog roast
BBQ
Forays into York where we can show you around, walk the City Walls and advise on the places to visit and eateries / Pubs. We will have a wealth of information available. You could spend the whole week just checking York out!!
http://www.visityork.org/seeanddo/
Possible trips to Wetherby and Harrogate
Bike rides, there's a new one from Rufforth into York nice and level
Games afternoon or evening including the infamous cardboard box game and Steve and Denise's peg game to name but a few (great fun)
Film night or race night.
Large car boot sale up the road on Sunday morning
We have full use of the Sports club social room for the duration of the Rally plus shelters outside for informal get togethers
Buses run every hour into York from the site entrance and is better than driving in or the park and ride is two miles away if you prefer. Taxis for 4 or 5 would be as cheap as a bus.
Please let us know if we are celebrating anyone's Birthday during the Rally

Please note that own sanitation is required, Toilets are available but no washing facilities. There is fresh water and CDP.
I will arrange to have a generator available for recharge of batteries.
Rufforth is a small village with limited facilities but has a tearoom, Pub and an Airfield close by (not noisy) Gyrocopter rides can be taken from here and I will seek a concession for those who fancy flying over York!!
http://www.caravancampingsites.co.uk/northyorkshire/rufforthplayingfields.htm
If you click on the address postcode it gives you a location map.
Think that's about it, we are really looking forward to this after two great years at Norden Farm Dorset, Hoping to see old friends again and meet new ones !!
Jez and Lin
PS: I will start a list in a day or two.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
York-Dep.PNG
Me for at least Five days please, I said five days just in case Gerry @lorger wants to share my pitch, he has intimated at it you see. If Gerry doesn't want it we will use all eight nights.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back