Rally [Jul 17, 2016] York Fun Rally (York) (1 Viewer)

D

DM14742

Deleted User
Thankyou for all the interest so far for this Rally. We are setting the limit to 40 Vans plus helpers (44 in total)
Just a few points at this stage:
1) We will start taking bookings in the new year. I appreciate that a fair number have put their names down already but in amongst the odd definite are a large number of "maybes dependent on dates etc" which makes it very difficult to draw up an accurate list at this stage. I will PM everyone who as asked to come so far in the New Year to check they still want to / can then leave it open to everyone else.

2) Please bear in mind when booking that own sanitation is required. There are toilets which are available but no washing or showering facilities.

3) There are no EHU's on the Rally Field however there is a certified C&C Club adjoining which does have EHU's if you need electric then you will need to book directly with the site reception Tel 07851 262959 but it is popular so suggest you get in early. Please let me know if you do because I will still need to include you in the total number coming due to the capacity of the Pavilion social room.

4) I will need a £10 per head deposit when booking, this is to cover all costs ie: Food, entertainment, hire of Pavilion etc. There was some confusion in Dorset this year with this, it doesn't get knocked off the per night fee its purely to cover the running of the Rally and saves me having to come asking you all for money for this that and the other!

5) The per Unit price per night is only £6 therefore those coming for the full 8 nights only need find the princely sum of £48 !! there's Yorkshire hospitality for you.

6) We have plenty of ideas in mind, live entertainment, supper, BBQ, trips into beautiful York (Lin is a great guide!) Knaresborough, Wetherby and Harrogate. Buses very close by and regular. There is an airfield very close (not noisy) and they do Gyrocopter rides so will seek price concession for that.Rufforth is only small but has a Pub, Tearoom and shop, its an easy off road walk.

I think that's about it for now, if anyone has any suggestions please bring them forward.
Jez and Lin

Last edited by a moderator:

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Thankyou for all the interest so far for this Rally. We are setting the limit to 40 Vans plus helpers (44 in total)
Just a few points at this stage:
1) We will start taking bookings in the new year. I appreciate that a fair number have put their names down already but in amongst the odd definite are a large number of "maybes dependent on dates etc" which makes it very difficult to draw up an accurate list at this stage. I will PM everyone who as asked to come so far in the New Year to check they still want to / can then leave it open to everyone else.

2) Please bear in mind when booking that own sanitation is required. There are toilets which are available but no washing or showering facilities.

3) There are no EHU's on the Rally Field however there is a certified C&C Club adjoining which does have EHU's if you need electric then you will need to book directly with the site reception Tel 07851 262959 but it is popular so suggest you get in early. Please let me know if you do because I will still need to include you in the total number coming due to the capacity of the Pavilion social room.

4) I will need a £15 per head deposit when booking, this is to cover all costs ie: Food, entertainment, hire of Pavilion etc. There was some confusion in Dorset this year with this, it doesn't get knocked off the per night fee its purely to cover the running of the Rally and saves me having to come asking you all for money for this that and the other!

5) The per Unit price per night is only £6 therefore those coming for the full 8 nights only need find the princely of £48 !! there's Yorkshire hospitality for you.

6) We have plenty of ideas in mind, live entertainment, supper, BBQ, trips into beautiful York (Lin is a great guide!) Knaresborough, Wetherby and Harrogate. Buses very close by and regular. There is an airfield very close (not noisy) and they do Gyrocopter rides so will seek price concession for that.Rufforth is only small but has a Pub, Tearoom and shop, its an easy off road walk.

I think that's about it for now, if anyone has any suggestions please bring them forward.
Jez and Lin
Wow cant wait till the email arrives THANKYOU X

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Knowing the dates makes planning easier of course (and we did put names on other thread), but a quick question, I presume people (like us) who can't do the full week, will be inserted only if there is a space available on the day(s) they can attend. ie, we can only do the last weekend, so if 40 people are booked for the whole week, we're out. But if someone left on the Friday, we're in ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Sorry, it looks like a no here now that I've just paid for Upton on Severn which clashes, a bit.

It's right next to an active gliding club should anyone want a real thrill.

OP
OP
D

DM14742

Deleted User
Knowing the dates makes planning easier of course (and we did put names on other thread), but a quick question, I presume people (like us) who can't do the full week, will be inserted only if there is a space available on the day(s) they can attend. ie, we can only do the last weekend, so if 40 people are booked for the whole week, we're out. But if someone left on the Friday, we're in ?
Its always a difficult one this. The first year we did Norden Farm we had a lot of "Weekenders" but during the week there it was very sparse to be honest. this year we put 5 nights as a minimum and with the interest for York we might have to do something similar which isn't something we like doing as it smacks of exclusion for some but I can't think of another solution and it would be a lot of work for us trying to monitor who's leaving on what day to free up a pitch for someone else coming in. We would love to up the numbers and the Rally field is big enough we just know now that the Rally would loose its small get together feel which we don't want. Going by the interest we must be potentially well on the way to capacity but ideally we want 40ish all week so will have to give them first refusal.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back