Rally [Jul 16, 2015] Hartlepool Marina Monkey Hangers Rally (Cleveland) (1 Viewer)

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
I am organising a rally at Hartlepool Marina 16 July to 20 July 2015

The location is a large, level car park at what was formerly known as Jacksons Landing retail outlet now owned by the Council. There is room for up to 60 units and an overspill area could accommodate more if necessary.

It is right in the Marina and adjacent to the Hartlepool Maritime Experience which includes HMS Trincomalee, Britains oldest (1817) warship still afloat.

Within 50 yards is a pub the Jacksons Wharf doing meals 2 for £10. Within 10 minutes walk around the marina there are a host of restaurants including Indian, Spanish, Italian, Thai an Irish bar an American themed diner, and several others. Two Wetherspoons pubs are within easy walking distance as are McDonalds, Burger King, KFC and Pizza Hut.

If you fancy a bit of “Eyes down”, there is Mecca Bingo and if its wet there is a 6 screen cinema within 5 minutes walk.

Asda is just across the road which sells the cheapest diesel in town and also sells LPG. A few yards further away is Morrisons and Middleton Grange shopping centre.

Within walking distance (or a short bus ride) is the Historic Headland with the Heugh Battery Museum. Here you can find out about the WW1 bombardment of Hartlepool by German warships and the many civilian casualties caused. Also at the headland is St Hilda’s Church built on the site of the former monastery founded in 648 AD by St Hilda herself.

Within a couple of miles of easy level walking or cycling (buses also available) is the old seaside resort of Seaton Carew. Here you will find lovely beaches, one of the best fish and chip shops anywhere and an excellent links golf course.

Water and cassette emptying facilities are being offered by the Marina but there is no facility for grey water emptying so you will have to take it home with you (or let it out on the road on the way home and start another grey water thread!)

I can’t confirm the price yet but I expect it to be in the range of £7 to £10 per night per unit.

Coordinates: Latitude 54.691173 Longitude -1.205604

PLEASE NOTE: YOU NEED TO USE THE RSVP BUTTON AT THE TOP OF THE THREAD TO INDICATE YOU ARE ATTENDING.
I won't have time to keep revising a list of attendees while I am in Morocco so i am letting jim's marvellous system handle that admin for me. Just adding your name to this thread will NOT add you to the list - you must click the RSVP button.
THREAD

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Look forward to it :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Yes please Mike, would love to come to this one. Hope you and Gwen have a lovely time in Morocco.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Deleted - didn't look properly!

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Bring your uke. There's a good chance one of the restaurants will let us take it over for the evening.
I never go anywhere without it now! (Unless I know I am in the company of uke 'dislikers' and it is kept safe, but in the dark....... ):xwink:

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
With all of this talk of hanging around and canoes to Panama, I think you will need to organise a course on Hartlepool history or should that be Hartlepools. Then again, will we be taking the night train to British West Hartlepool.
Norman

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Just pressed "YES" .... have already been on board HMS Trincomalee but look forward to a few days in the area.

OP
OP
makems

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp