Judderists! (1 Viewer)

T

thorley

Deleted User
thorley ducato

hi everyone espcially those judderers, though this is not a laughing matter, but i do hope we can now see light at the end of a very long silent tunnel from fiats end anyway. As im sure by now everyone knows this problem has caused fiat owners a lot of sleepless nights .and is not a RECALL. providing you have a CASE number if not then you must get one.It seems that ITALY have taken on full responsabilty for all case number holders providing their vehicle is not reversable repeat NOT reversable. Ive been phoned twice now from ITALY with questions about the problems i have. You must make sure that they understand that this problem is shaking the vehicle to bits.. The parts are being sent from SEVEL to your nearest dealer and no matter how loud you screem the repair will only take place in THEIR time. The parts i believe are a new reverse gear layshaft engine mountings replacing the clutch and possably new gearbox bearings. I know of one FIAT dealer who has already carried out this work on 4 ducatos and hopes to do 3 of these per week. I hope this helps everyone ,I for one cannot wait. PS Peugeot owners will get exactly the same treatment providing they have their CASE number.. Thorley ducato:thumb:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
As I said on another thread had the engine mounts and tie bar done (Fiat's first step) and on returning to storage no judder!! Today brought it home to give it a bath and uphill on grass again no judder. Even tried stopping half way up and restarting again no judder. Hope for other judder sufferers. Also there was a post on the dark side where someone else had the same work done and his was also successful. :thumb:

M&L

Free Member
Jan 26, 2008
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp
Van's gone in today for Intervention B, this is apparently the Fiat term for the full works.
Possibly because of the way I complained, i.e. pleasant but persistent I have bypassed Intervention A which is the engine mountings only.
Ended up with 7 case numbers, just one short from getting a free Punto.:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back