Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Does anyone know how long it takes to have the Juddergate Mod. done.

My local Pug. dealer says 7 to 10 working days, when they get all the bits in.

Mind you, they did at first, say that the judder problem did not affect the 2.2 Boxer 111.

I want to go to Spain, it's getting too cold for me here:cry:

Pete:Cool:

Johno

Free Member
Oct 29, 2008
Kent
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
30+ with caravanning & camping
Hi Pete

When my Fiat was modified it took the local main agent in Canterbury four days to complete the job which was a fairly comprehensive modification, involving new engine mountings, complete new clutch assembly,gearbox modification and engine remapping resulting in a billl of over £2000 which was paid by Fiat and that was at trade prices !.

The mod' was successful and the vehicle reversed up slopes virtually on tickover after the work had been carried out but I had lost faith with the van having personal issues with both the hard ride and conversion build quality so it had to go in favour of a Transit based model.

Cheers John:thumb:

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Mine took two days, and it worked. We've done nearly 25k miles since with no problems.

Rgds
Bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I think the reason some want your van for longer than it takes is they fit it in between jobs that pay full price not fiat warranty rates

OP
OP
Pikey Pete

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Cripes!

Terry and I could build you a new motorhome on an Iveco Daily in half that time Pete. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

No juddering then...

JJ :Cool:

You want to be careful, or you might end up with a visit from me in the winter.:RollEyes:

I know where you live:thumb:

Well, I know it's some where in Iberia and that's a start.:Smile:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Pete says the Fiat dealers had ours on a Monday and we had it back on the Wednesday. But - once they'd been given the go ahead by Fiat, they wouldn't have it in until they actually had all the bits ready to go - which was fine by us.

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Pete
I had the mods done on my last van, I took it into Fiat Preston, They had it for over a week waiting for parts I had a service done at the same time to save running up and down. Pete :thumb:

OP
OP
Pikey Pete

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
It's now 3 weeks since I saw my van, and no prospects of seeing it next week either.

Still awaiting parts from Peugeot, apparently.

I asked if I could get something out of it last week but the dealers said no as it was 'elf and safety and all that. "Customers not allowed in the workshop and anyway it was on a ramp so I couldn't get in it" he said.

They can't even be 'arsed to ring with a progress report, so I have to ring them if I want to know what's going on.

For all I know, a member of staff could be away on holiday in it.

There doesn't seem to be much I can do about it, and I have to be in Spain with the caravan sited before the 12th of December, as my son and family are flying down from Germany to stay with me for a couple of weeks. Tickets bought, car hired and £1000. spent.

It's starting to look like I may have to buy a tow car to take it down there.

My first and last Peugeot I fancy.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
It's now 3 weeks since I saw my van, and no prospects of seeing it next week either.

Still awaiting parts from Peugeot, apparently.

I asked if I could get something out of it last week but the dealers said no as it was 'elf and safety and all that. "Customers not allowed in the workshop and anyway it was on a ramp so I couldn't get in it" he said.

They can't even be 'arsed to ring with a progress report, so I have to ring them if I want to know what's going on.

For all I know, a member of staff could be away on holiday in it.

There doesn't seem to be much I can do about it, and I have to be in Spain with the caravan sited before the 12th of December, as my son and family are flying down from Germany to stay with me for a couple of weeks. Tickets bought, car hired and £1000. spent.

It's starting to look like I may have to buy a tow car to take it down there.

My first and last Peugeot I fancy.

ask them whos van is it and i wish to inspct my property
or ask another dealership if they can do it

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back