Judder/base (1 Viewer)

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
Just outof curiosity is it only Fiat that has the judder? Also does it have to be rectified or can it be lived with?
We most likely won't by Fiat as you don't see many here.
Also if something is a Ford base does that mean it has a Ford engine eetc?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Just outof curiosity is it only Fiat that has the judder? Also does it have to be rectified or can it be lived with?

I think it's a Fiat speciality.

There are reported cases of the judder so bad the gearbox has broken, so if you detect any it's not going to improve so does indeed need fixing.

I thought the majority of MHs were built on Fiat, so surprising you don't see many.

OP
OP
sue1959

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
Sorry Brian I meant that there aren't many fiat dealers here, near me anyway and you see very few fiat cars. I was just thinking if the MH needs spares it might be better to go with another base.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
The Fiat built engine is found in many manufactures vehicles, the seval group includes Peugeot and Citroen, talbot etc so who gets a fiat engine not sure but itis a fact the some of them do. fords Have a Ford engine and Mercedes their own but anyone else who knows. The problem is not actually with the engine, it is a combination of gearbox ratios and engine mounts, resulting utimately in Clutch and engine mount problems. Further gearbox problems were caused by the scuttle leaking on most of the seval models allowing water to build up on an ingress into the gearbox causing premature failure of some gears.

mejulie

Free Member
May 22, 2010
Caversham,Reading
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
I have a Fiat and there is no judder or anything else wrong for that matter.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ddavewoods

Free Member
Jan 9, 2010
South West
Funster No
Exp
My 07 plate Ducato 160 based Swift doesn't suffer from reverse judder, but it did until today suffer from a build up of water around the injectors as the water entered into the air intakes on the bonnet and leaked through the air scuttle and sat in the top of the engine, this was rectified today by the fitting of a plastic engine cover even though the vehicle was out of warranty at a cost to Fiat of £200.89.

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
I did have the judder and the clutch went after 9000 miles and under 2 years old.Fiat paid part but still cost me over£700.No problems now but i will never buy fiat again because thier warranty is not worth the paper it is written on.
Dave

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back