Join me in a weight control diet ... Loose It (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Join me in a weight control program ... Lose It

Fist of all to Jim, I would like to apologise for putting this in the Cooking forum, but as this is in the Lifestyle section and there is no forum for weight loss/control I put it here rather in the U shaped lounge where it would get buried.. please feel free to move.

So, what is it about... well both Jan and I decided it was time to get our weight under control, I avoid the word 'diet' as this is not just about loosing weight but about changing your eating habits ... it's a lifestyle change, not just a diet for a few weeks or months..

What I'm looking for is support, and to create a virtual 'weight watches' club.. this is important as it's all very well going it alone but as with all successful self help programs you can benefit from the support and encouragement of others.

To do this I looked for an on line program that could do this and I found one which Jan and I have been trialling for the past four weeks.
It is a tool, not a diet , it works in time tested method of having a weight loss goal, counting the daily calories and entering in a daily log..

It has many features, you can enter 'custom' foods and recipes .. it also has a report page where you see how you are doing ..

Rather than me go on about it have a look here ... http://www.loseit.com

If you are serious about loosing weight, would like support and to share with others this is a great program.. as I said we started four weeks ago and it really works .. there are no forbidden foods, but you must count everything you eat.. portion control is important so a good quality digital kithen scale is vital as is a decent digital bathroom scales..

There is also a place to input daily exercises which adjusts your net calories.. and yes, even horizontal bedroom exercise can be entered ... :roflmto: or you can create your own custom one..

Once you start you can join others on the diet by adding them as friends..where you can share custom foods and recipes.. watch how they are doing and they you .. it is a great motivator.. There is also a forum where you can seek advice or just share, much like Fun.

Down side to this program is that it's American, so many of the foods are US names but that is only a small issue, once you build up your own data base of custom foods it is real easy and adding them is simple.. read off the nutritional info from the container and enter, it then becomes your custom food.. which you can share with friends..

So, how do you start.
Have a look at the website, if you decide to give it a try, register with the site, and would like to share, post on this thread and PM your email address to me and I will add you as a friend.. you can do this with as many others as you like..

So... my Lose It plan is this:

* My Plan is to lose 2 lbs per week

* My starting weight is 202lbs

* My goal weight is 155lbs

* My calorie budget is 1,419

* My goal date is February 18, 2012

* I have lost 12.8 lbs. since September

* My weight today is 189.2

I am enjoying it, can feel and see the changes already, feel fitter, it's not a chore, and neither should it be..

Thanks for reading and if you decide to try Jan and I look forward to sharing with you.:Smile:

Jim ..

Last edited:

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
The NHS run a club called Lifestyle Change that run on the same lines as your one, not a diet but a change the way you eat, our one was run in Cornerstone in Colchester, we lost one and half stone between us, good luck to you and Jan. :thumb:

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Hi Jim
It's a long time since I last saw you, but I can't believe that you have put that much weight on you need to control it , your were a mere slip of a boy :roflmto::roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
The NHS run a club called Lifestyle Change that run on the same lines as your one, not a diet but a change the way you eat, our one was run in Cornerstone in Colchester, we lost one and half stone between us, good luck to you and Jan. :thumb:

What a coincidence me and my wife also lost one and a half stone between us, she lost one stone six and with a lot of effort I chipped in with the other pound:Doh:

ann01

Free Member
Oct 6, 2011
cumbria
Funster No
MH
don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Just get your partner to run off with your best friend and neighbour, I lost stone and a half in five weeks. LOL The best diet I have ever been on.

Good look and I hope you succeed.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Just get your partner to run off with your best friend and neighbour, I lost stone and a half in five weeks. LOL The best diet I have ever been on.

Did you lose the weight from running after them or by counting your blessings:thumb:

(Couldnt have really been a friend. You must be better off without both of them. best of luck with the weight loss:thumb:)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
im with Tony, Last time I saw you was less than 2 years ago and you were a slip of a man? Surely you can not be that big now? 202lbs? are you sure ,,

A change of lifestyle is way better than a diet as you say so good luck.:thumb:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
im with Tony, Last time I saw you was less than 2 years ago and you were a slip of a man? Surely you can not be that big now? 202lbs? are you sure ,,

A change of lifestyle is way better than a diet as you say so good luck.:thumb:

thanks and yes Paul .. I'm sure .. I've outgrown all my jeans and shirts, struggled to get into my kilt for Paul's wedding .. :Sad:

when you reach a 38" waist, it's time to take a long hard look .. :RollEyes:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland

hmm.. that happened to me in 1987 .. and I nearly faded away,..

but the love of a good woman has made me twice the man I was .. :roflmto:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
thanks and yes Paul .. I'm sure .. I've outgrown all my jeans and shirts, struggled to get into my kilt for Paul's wedding .. :Sad:

when you reach a 38" waist, it's time to take a long hard look .. :RollEyes:

Jim you have destroyed me:Sad:
My goal was a 38" waist:cry:
At the momemt im on two diets:thumb:
I dont get enough to eat on one:Doh:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland

We are now in our sixth week of the fitness plan and it's going really well. I now fit my 36" jeans and they are are getting slack, can put my socks on standing up and feel and look a 100% fitter..

I started out at 202 lbs , today I weighed in at 183.2 lb , target weight is 155lb , should be achieved by end of Feb 2012 . I have still some way to go, but am enjoying it, and looking forward to being back to my correct weight..

Jan is doing equally well, but I won't tell on her.. maybe she will do that herself .. :roflmto:

So, if you thinking about it, why not join us and share using the Lose It plan... it really is a great way to get back into shape ..

Hopefully will post 'before' and 'after' pics next Feb :Smile:

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Well done Jim, its great that you have good focus.

By the way you didnt look overweight at all when I last saw you.

Pat

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Oops sorry mate:Blush:, I was skinny till I stoped now I'm fat n happy:thumb: just ordered two pairs of 38in Dickies for work. Anyway looks like your well on your way to achieving your goal:thumb: well done:thumb:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Just over three weeks since I last posted on this and glad to report we are both still enjoying getting fit and losing the flab..

I've now lost 23.6lbs and weigh in today 178.4lbs .. so very pleased .. and the 36" jeans are now slack ... Jan has lost 14lbs and looking really good .. she's well on target..

It's never too late to join us.. it's not easy, but very rewarding ... neither of us were technically obese but with a BMI of 29 I was heading there fast, it's now 25.6 ..

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Just over three weeks since I last posted on this and glad to report we are both still enjoying getting fit and losing the flab..

I've now lost [HI]23.6lbs [/HI]and weigh in today 178.4lbs .. so very pleased .. and the 36" jeans are now slack ... Jan has lost [HI]14lbs[/HI] and looking really good .. she's well on target..

It's never too late to join us.. it's not easy, but very rewarding ... neither of us were technically obese but with a BMI of 29 I was heading there fast, it's now 25.6 ..

Well done, I expect your fuel economy will improve too, maybe I should have joined you! :Smile:

gypsylady

Free Member
Jun 24, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Happy One
Exp
Since 2005
There's a website that can be accessed from your smartphone called myfitnesspal.

It follows the same format.

You are given a daily calory count, set your targets, and record all the foods and snacks you consume and the exercise done.

You can access myfitnesspal from phone or computer and your page is updated instantly either way.

Friends can be added just as with your site.

Both sites require regular updates, as once you drop back on the recording you can lose interest.

June

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
After the xmas binge...

Well, I have survived the festive season without a big gain.. :Smile:

before Xmas I was 175.2lbs ... and today I am 176 lb , so have lost 26lbs to date.

Target date for my ideal weight of 155lb (all going to plan) will now be March 17th .. just in time for the summer ..

I feel so much healthier, yesterday we took the dogs on a 4mile walk and it was a pleasure.. before losing weight I found it hard going .. I feel years younger .. and look a lot better ..

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Well, I have survived the festive season without a big gain.. :Smile:

before Xmas I was 175.2lbs ... and today I am 176 lb , so have lost 26lbs to date.

Target date for my ideal weight of 155lb (all going to plan) will now be March 17th .. just in time for the summer ..

I feel so much healthier, yesterday we took the dogs on a 4mile walk and it was a pleasure.. before losing weight I found it hard going .. I feel years younger .. and look a lot better ..

Come on Jim,
Let's have some before and after pictures.

To give us an incentive::bigsmile:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
still working at it

Just a quick update to encourage those trying to get into shape and perhaps those thinking about it ..

Still working at it but have stopped the daily calorie count as I am settling into a healthy eating pattern without needing to count every morsel ..

Weight loss has slowed down, still losing about 1/2 lb per week, not as much as planned, but still going in the right direction.. that's the important part ..

It's not a hardship.. I enjoy my food, but learned not to enjoy too many treats .. but still indulge occasionally.. as I said before, you don't need to deny yourself anything .. just watch the calories.

weight now 172lb .. a loss of 30lbs ... so should be on an ideal weight of 155lb by end of April..

last week I treated myself to some new jeans and a top.. felt great fitting a 36" waist with a bit of slack ... and a large rather than an XL top

Jan is also doing great , she also treated herself, now a size 10 .. down from a 14 .. aiming for size 8

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I had lost 5.5 lbs but just got back from a long weekend in Wales. Far too much beer, curry and Mums breakfast has probably blown it out of the water.

Start again tomorrow:thumb:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I had lost 5.5 lbs but just got back from a long weekend in Wales. Far too much beer, curry and Mums breakfast has probably blown it out of the water.

Start again tomorrow:thumb:

About a month since you posted .. how is it going Treacle .. ?

I'm still making good progress.. have slowed right down as I'm approaching my goal.. I'm now at the stage where I don't need to count calories as I am eating a healthy diet without thinking about it.. but not getting complacent .. not after all my hard work ..

now 169.4lbs .. lost 32.5lbs in 6 months .. I'm very pleased, feel a lot fitter and looking forward to summer and wearing shorts without a gut hanging over the waist band... :roflmto:

three images from Lose It.. weight chart, a BMI chart showing I am now in the 'healthy' band.. and the 'goal chart' well pleased.. :Smile:

Attachments

• Lose It! - Reports Weight.png
    Lose It! - Reports Weight.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Lose It! - Reports Body Mass Index.png
    Lose It! - Reports Body Mass Index.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Lose It! - Goals.png
    Lose It! - Goals.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
About a month since you posted .. how is it going Treacle .. ?

I'm still making good progress.. have slowed right down as I'm approaching my goal.. I'm now at the stage where I don't need to count calories as I am eating a healthy diet without thinking about it.. but not getting complacent .. not after all my hard work ..

now 169.4lbs .. lost 32.5lbs in 6 months .. I'm very pleased, feel a lot fitter and looking forward to summer and wearing shorts without a gut hanging over the waist band... :roflmto:

three images from Lose It.. weight chart, a BMI chart showing I am now in the 'healthy' band.. and the 'goal chart' well pleased.. :Smile:

Not so good Jim.

I have just weighed and I am in the FB category.

And that isn't Fray Bentos:Doh:::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back