John and Naomi. Proud owners of new Bailey Autograph 745 (1 Viewer)

Scudajoh

Free Member
Oct 4, 2015
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach Autograph
Exp
Hi everyone. Naomi and I have just acquired our first M/Home after previous experienc of trailer tents caravans and Mobile homes (in France). We will be travelling between the UK and our Spanish house with Naomi's 91yr.old Dad on board (who we got our caravan enthusiasm from). We have a Gaslow refillable system, 100watt solar panel,Dometic freshjet 2200 A/Con and a Hyundai 3000 Sei dual fuel generator to run off the gas and twin leisure batteries 110 amp/hr.
We had a BBQ gas point fitted with bullfinch connector to attach the generator to. Hyundai assured us that they have many customers running this generator from their 30mb caravan supply even though it comes with 10mm 20bar tubing attached to a 37mb regulator ready to screw directly into a standard UK cylinder. Speaking to the gas expert at Lowdhams where we took delivery of the new M/H he doesn't advise us to connect to the M/H system as it won't provide enough gas flow!! Does anyone have experience of using this s generator just cutting off the regulator and fitting to the bulfinch adaptor with a jubilee clip? Please direct me to correct post if I'm in wrong place!

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Hi and welcome. You will probably get more replies to your Q if you post it in the tech section.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Give it a try.. won't do any harm trying..

I think it will run ok on 30mb .. but it may not reach full power..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

Scudajoh

Free Member
Oct 4, 2015
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Martin from Gaslow recommends an adaptor to connect directly to one of the cylinders through the floor of the locker and keep the 37mb regulator so that generator gets 37mb and don't need locker open to connect! Thanks for suggestions

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Congrats on your first Motorhome and welcome to MHF:xThumb:
Brian & Jo

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
welcome.jpg

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
:welc:
Sounds like an exciting adventure and a well spec'd van too. Have a great trip! :xThumb:

Zilevets

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 A Class P/Line
Exp
Hello

We have the Bailey Autograph 740 we also got this type of genny yes at Lincoln show we were known as the gypseys in our area! We run it off unleaded petrol as we were told by George who sold it that running off gas would use gas up in no time ran it for 2hrs a night for 4 days of show and never ran out of petrol.
Had to keep it outside whilst away because of smell but get a good lock 4 it and no problems.

Liz

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Scudajoh

Free Member
Oct 4, 2015
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Hi Jack. Spent ALL my early holidays visiting The Gower Peninsula and sometimes saw the amazing views so has to be on the agenda BUT all this narrow lanes and the weather of course!
John

OP
OP
S

Scudajoh

Free Member
Oct 4, 2015
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
We're loaded up and ready to go. 80 psi in rear tyres!! Crossing to StMalo tonight and down through Brittany!

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I have a Yamaha 2kw which I converted to Gas and connect just as you suggest to my BBQ outlet. I have only used it 3 times and 2 of those on Gas. It runs fine. It has a continuous output rating of 1600 watts so I dial up 6 amps on my Victron Inverter/Charger, this then takes the nigh on full continuous rating of the generator and supplements that with inverted power if demand exceeds that. So I can have the generator running full chat on gas and have done so without any problems. There are several different types of conversion so I can only speak for my own.

OP
OP
S

Scudajoh

Free Member
Oct 4, 2015
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Thanks for the welcomes. We're in Spain now having crossed to St.Malo on Wednesday. Haven't tried taking on more gas yet but otherwise all ok!

OP
OP
S

Scudajoh

Free Member
Oct 4, 2015
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Thanks a lot. So far all good except occasionally no hot water when relying on gas only even when heating ok?!

Moragm

Free Member
Jun 2, 2014
HATTON PETERHEAD
Funster No
MH
Lunar Premier
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hello and welcome from Morag & Willie! We should have our new Bailey 745 in March hopefully! Can't wait! Enjoy your travels!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back