Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
We've had our van almost four years but still despite dozens of mods I can find more to do.
Such a simple job to do but been too busy is USB sockets either side of the island bed. Probably do it at Christmas break up Edinburgh CC
I've just swapped the humax freesat box for a manhatten twin lnb 500gb freesat box in preparation for swapping my sat dome.
Still need to do an oil and filter change but too busy working so perhaps one weekend soon.
Probable purge the water on Sunday after our current stay at Hebden bridge as November will usually give the first frost.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Jobs to do list.....you don't know the half of it.
Finish painting the front exterior of the house tomorrow, then got 90Mtrs of plastic soffits to fit, then got plastic woodgrain effect trim to fit to 8 upstairs Windows to simulate uPVC Windows, then got all the sandstone patio slabs to lift and level, then a garden wall to reset the cap stones on, then I'll have a tea break before decorating indoors.
And I'm doing all this off my own back, no nagging involved.

OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Such a simple job to do but been too busy is USB sockets either side of the island bed.
My side done :p I only had one so Jacs is miffed :LOL:
Careful measure
IMG_9591.JPG

IMG_9597.JPG

IMG_9598.JPG

IMG_9599.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Nice job Andy, where did you take the feed from?, We have a 12v socket above ours ( my side of the bed ) wouldn't mind getting mrs sorted on hers.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I notice that your USB socket has 2 different amperage slots. I tried to charge my iPad last week using a maplins 12v connector which has 2 USB outlets but has a label saying 1 a 5v.
I usually charge my phone and my kindle successfully using either socket however the iPad stopped charging at about 20% charged and gave me the message "not charging".
Do I need to get different USB sockets?

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
The little blue led is great in the daytime but will light up the bedroom at night-we have one a little higher behind a tv and have to use a rubber plug that came with the socket to stop the glare when not in use at night.:(

OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I notice that your USB socket has 2 different amperage slots. I tried to charge my iPad last week using a maplins 12v connector which has 2 USB outlets but has a label saying 1 a 5v.
I usually charge my phone and my kindle successfully using either socket however the iPad stopped charging at about 20% charged and gave me the message "not charging".
Do I need to get different USB sockets?
If you look at your Apple mains charger it will say how many amps output

Last edited:

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
It has taken me all this time to find a magnifying glass to enable me to see the fine pale grey print on the white....however I think it says 2.1A but I cannot see the dot between 2 and 1.
I will get another socket outlet like yours and would like it added to a suitable place in van as current 12v outlet is above the cooker/sink. I will have to see what him indoors says! Still in warranty do not sure how it affects that if we do a bit of DIY. We have a light feed in a suitable place, do you think that would be ok to "tap" into with suitable connectors of course.?

OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Load output isn't governed by daylight
To elaborate
Most regulators are live all the time at the load terminals
Cheaper units that were designed to feed traffic sign lighting in remote locations often have a timer to avoid using the battery during daylight but even they have an override to on or off

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
Jobs List;

Finish that bottle of Malt Whisky.
Put a fresh bottle of Malt Whisky in the van to replace it.
Eat the chunk of steak in my fridge before leaving on Monday.

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
To elaborate
Most regulators are live all the time at the load terminals
Cheaper units that were designed to feed traffic sign lighting in remote locations often have a timer to avoid using the battery during daylight but even they have an override to on or off
My regulator has an on\off switch for the load output with a red led. Will you take a feed from this load output for the other side?

OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I have all sorts fed off it.
I've just fitted a four way fuse box for other circuits
IMG_9604.JPG

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
The little blue led is great in the daytime but will light up the bedroom at night-we have one a little higher behind a tv and have to use a rubber plug that came with the socket to stop the glare when not in use at night.:(

Took the back off mine and snipped the LED out! Way too bright.

If you've not got a suitable panel to drill through, these surface mount pods work OK

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12v-Surfa...976853?hash=item4ada5b0055:g:nDwAAOSwPe1T64ga

In fact we've got one of these inside a cupboard at the front of the van - voltmeter is handy to keep an eye on the state of the leisure battery, more accurate than the little LED's on our control panel, and the cigarette lighter socket has been useful for a few different things.

Link Removed

Ipad, IPhone, Android phones all charge OK on either USB socket I find.

These cables are great to keep in the van - stop the multitude of cables required. I avoided plugging more than one thing in, then found one day the kids had plugged 3 devices onto one simultaneously, all were charging no problem to my surprise!

Link Removed

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I have just done a little job that I needed. Because I cannot hear or see the flasher lights and ticker, I have fitted two buzzer to the side repeater light by the drivers side and now I have a bleeper to TELL me I have put the indicators on, also tell pedestrians that I am turning, in traffic. not loud but just enough the hear over the engine.

XRN

Oct 10, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
We are no longer Newbie's.
I have just done a little job that I needed. Because I cannot hear or see the flasher lights and ticker, I have fitted two buzzer to the side repeater light by the drivers side and now I have a bleeper to TELL me I have put the indicators on, also tell pedestrians that I am turning, in traffic. not loud but just enough the hear over the engine.
@GWAYGWAY any chance of some pictures or a wiring diagram you used?

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
@GWAYGWAY any chance of some pictures or a wiring diagram you used?
There is no wiring circuit I just pulled the side repeaters off the panels, cut the wires and joined the buzzers to the live and earth( correct way as the buzzer is pole sensitive) soldered them together with a cover of heatshrink to seal them, and stuck it back on the wing , the same tape that was there anyway, but it is new..
It buzzes inside for me and outside for pedestrians.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I did that for the same reason but had to remove it as the wife complained & even I couldn't put up with it:(. Changed it for a small round led which is ideal during the day but blinding at night.:LOL:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Changed it for a small round led which is ideal during the day but blinding at night.:LOL:
Put a small resistor in series to lower the brightness.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back