Jobs safe at Brownhills Motorhomes

Discussion in 'Motorhomes in the News' started by News, May 3, 2008.

1. News

News NewsHound

Jobs safe at Brownhills Motorhomes
    Canterbury News
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Jobs are secure at Brownhills Motorhomes Limited following a £46 million management buyout.

The firm, which runs a branch at Howfield Lane in Chartham, sealed a deal this week which will see all 365 jobs safe; the company also says it’s good news for customers too.

A Brownhills spokesperson explained: “The faceless enterprise syndrome has been eliminated as the Brownhills’ management team now has ownership of the company. We will be focusing heavily on ensuring Brownhills’ customers receive the best possible service.

“Working closely with business advisors Kroll and our existing funders we have agreed a comprehensive and robust three year business plan. This plan focuses on core activities such as retail market penetration, growth in aftersales revenues and the expansion of Brownhills’ service departments.”

The firm has promised to honour all previous warranties and deposits already paid on vehicles.

Despite discontinuing arrangements with six manufacturers Brownhills still represents 17 manufacturers with a spread of marques across the breadth of motorhome offerings from the UK, Europe and the US.

2. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Watch this space:BigGrin:

3. andyman

andyman Read Only Funster

The only way is up. Make or break time now, lets hope they get it right.

4. American Dream

American Dream Read Only Funster

They need to.

A local source told me they drove existing stock out the other day at Newark.:Eeek:

They have bridges to build.

Anyone else heard this or know of any more developments?

Last edited: May 3, 2008
  5. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

Yes the have appointed Arfur as managing director

6. American Dream

American Dream Read Only Funster

He'll sort out the "Pecking" order there then John.:RollEyes:

7. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Perhaps they wanted his diamond encrusted waistcoat as security!:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

8. ruffingitsmoothly

ruffingitsmoothly Read Only Funster

Is this a definition Brown Hill??:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

[​IMG]

Regards Pat

9. carpediem

carpediem Read Only Funster

Brownhills desrves a place in the Motorhome Market

Having been a customer of Brownhills for 18 years I would personally be sad to see such a prominent name disappear from our choice of dealers. In my opinion they have spearheaded the growth in motorhome ownership in the UK and it has been their success that has dogged them these past few years.
    My experience up to 2004 (the last time I changed vehicles) was of competitive deals (yes I did shop around) although any subsequent aftersale (warranty) problems were difficult to say the least, but with much patience, solvable.
    Depending upon your choice of motorhome depends the extent of how much you are likely to need aftersales/warranty services. So, if you choose a marque with known poor build or poor quality control you can expect to have your problems compounded by a high volume seller unless they are fully geared up and have the absolute backing of the manufacturer whose fault it was in the first place.
    Yes, I am strongly hinting that some of the manufacturers are letting the side down. Perhaps Brownhills should be more choosey about what they sell ?
    Long live Brownhills and Good Luck to the Buyout Team - please get it right, control your overheads and stay competitive and the friendliest dealer in the UK.
    I have no connection with Brownhills other than being a satisfied (previously very satisfied) customer.

10. Jack the Rev

Jack the Rev Read Only Funster

Brownhills

As far as I'm concerned they deserve to go under. They don't have a clue about how to treat customers. Once they sell you the motorhome and get your money that's all they are interested in. Perhaps the first thing the new team should do is close the place and have a few weeks training many of the staff on how to speak to customers and treat them with respect.

I purchased my last motorhome from them and it ill be the last.:Angry:

11. Jim

Jim Ringleader

If there is a good time to buy from Brownhills this has got to be it. The new management seem to be bristling and saying that they want to get the after care and customer service exactly right. But who wants to risk their hard earned! I certainly wouldn't put my money where my mouth is just yet, lets see if they live up to their promises.

12. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

We don't give promises, we just carry on in our old fashioned ways from way back, they seem to work and people come back happy.

Peter

13. Michelle D

Michelle D Deleted User

Association.

I stayed at the overnight facility in Newark, I could not believe how customers of Brownhills were blaming the service department for failing to keep promises made by the salesman. You people dont understand the business. The manufacturers compile the warranty cover and if its not covered get over it or write to them. What you do understand is how to recondition your vehicles using parts from the display vans and bragging about it. It has taken me a few months to put comments on the forum as I rearly dont want to be associated with certain assassins. :Angry:

14. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Got that off your chest dear? You'll feel much better now. :Rofl1::Rofl1:

15. N Luyetund

N Luyetund Deleted User

that's a killer:Rofl1::Rofl1:

(business opportunity Jim ?:BigGrin:)

16. wiljoy

wiljoy Funster

All Wrong

All to often large companies just go bust to clear the debt. After 40 years in business we had lean times but self respect made sure everyone was paid and customer service was paramount. It is far to easy for these companies to go under and start off again the next day, in a lot of cases they take smaller suppliers with them. Over the years we actually carried out work for the new companies before the old business went bust which means it is nearly always planned. In the case of Brownhills surely if the management couldn't manage the first time what is the difference second time round. It takes more than a few promises or inject change to regain customer confidence.
    It will be a year of many dealers along with manufacturers going bust as the climate is dictating bad sales. I don't like to see anyone go to the wall but some deserve to be out of business.

17. muz

muz Read Only Funster

i agree with jack the rev,they didnt honour my warrantee on my rv and they made sure of it messing about for three months.the managment were and still are by the sounds of things the most arrogant b----rds under the sun.i for one will convey my message of bad tideings to all .a very unhappy ex customer MUZ

18. fletchsg

fletchsg Deleted User

warrenties

hi muz

i'am taking my motorhome in for inspection at brownhills newark in the next few weeks for damp this is the second time according to them, the records of my last visit have disappeared since the buy out.I hope this don't happen i will keep you posted.:Smile:

19. muz

muz Read Only Funster

warrantee

hi fletchsg.ask for a copy worksheet and keep it safe then you keep record,how come its damp?how new is your mh? I would be asking about long term problems and how its going to afect the mh in the future.I will keep everything crossed for you.MUZ

20. Wilbury

Wilbury Deleted User

Hi,

Could someone please say which companies Brownhills still have and which they have lost.

Wilbury