Jigsaw Puzzle Vw T5 - Running Boards (1 Viewer)

LilBlueBus

Free Member
Nov 4, 2013
SW UK
Funster No
MH
T5 VW Van conversion
Exp
new
Hi All,

My wife and I are both disabled and my wife in particular finds getting into the cab of our little bus a bit of a struggle. To ease the situation as best I could I purchased a set of side steps/running boards from a well know supplier. They are very nice, and come with 6 very heavy duty brackets. Part of my reason for purchase was the fact they needed now drilling or cutting to fit..........

However, on arrival, I found the instructions to be two sheets of A4 paper, with some dodgy photo's and some odd, very non specific labeling.....................

Suffice to say, I'm a bit stumped (in more than one way lol) but this doesn't get the side steps fitted!

Does anybody have any experience of this issue or can you recommend a fitter in Devon - we are willing to travel a bit - who may be able to help us?? The nearest dealer to us (Exeter) is a very 'general' type of motorhome outlet and apart from charging silly money for labour they have no more clue how to fit the side steps than I do!

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated - esp by my wife :)

Regards & 73's Lin.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
It's basic mechanical work that any competent metal worker can do.. .. so I would look for a general engineering workshop.. car repair centre or towbar fitter.. even the village blacksmith ..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back