Jet Lag - Minimising (1 Viewer)

spindrifter

Free Member
Apr 27, 2009
Funster No
Hi All

Would appreciate any tips or advice about minimising the dreaded long haul jet lag.

Thanks

David..... (Spindrifter)

The Wallace

Free Member
Apr 3, 2009
Funster No
Just play Jaws tasteless video and jet lag will be the least of your worries as you are waterboarded to extract the names of your mates.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I think it depends if you have little children traveling with you.
Then its a different ball game.
If you don't , and your going to Australia, for instance this is what we do.
Take some sleeping tablets. Earplugs , eye mask and a comfy cushion .
It works for us.
Don't sleep the whole first leg of the flight , remember D.V.T. we tend to do the last leg.
We also set our watches to the local time as soon as we get on the plane.
When you finally arrive , if its daytime , stay awake as long as physically possible in to the evening. When you wake in the morning you should be OK . A bit dreamy, i get a bit dizzy down under for a couple of days.
Bev

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
My last flight back from the USA was in 1st class - couldn't sleep in those super recliners, so watched films all night, with 2 bottles of wine accompanied by 2 equal sized bottles of water. Drank a glass of wine, then a glass of water for the duration.
I ended up at Heathrow as bright as a button, whilst my mate who had slept all of the way was totally knackered ::bigsmile:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
This works for us and we fly to USA twice a year.

When flying out (West) stay awake, drink water, change your watch to USA time soon as you take off, go to bed normal time and you should be ok the next day.
When flying home (East) try for the overnight flight (Redeye) eat before you board, change your watch, get as much sleep on the flight as you can. These flights usually land between 7 & 8 next morning, stay awake all day go to bed usual time and again you should be ok next day.

This works really well for me but Jan does struggle a bit with jetlag but only after the journey home. I'm sure its because she always sleeps on the drive home from the airport about 3 hours.:thumb:

evans88

Free Member
Jul 8, 2008
South Devon
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Don't drink alcohol but drink plenty of water. It always surprises me to see people on your flight downing the booze and then see them in the hire car queue. Perhaps they think the flight negates alcohol readings but it doesn't.

Griffs

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
SOUTH WALES
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
jet lag

Hi.
You should not get any jet lag to the states but Australia is another story , I went to Auss before i met the misses and had jet lag, then when we both went a few years ago she said she had the answer? there is no answer you will probably drop off for a kipp about five in the evening that will go on for a couple of days and then your fine, just go with the flow I would not touch sleeping tablets ,or anr tranquilizers.:Cool::Cool::Cool::Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back