Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Hope he never feels the need to become a journalist again, as the knives will be out for him. If you agree with him, you get airtime, if you don't he carefully places opposition at the END of the discussion, making their point the concluding one, HIS views are carefull manipulated into the programme, the JV show is graduallly becoming just a platform for selected views rather than a discussion programme.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
i have noticed this on many occasions whilst listening to radio2.
he will always talk over the people that have a valid opposition to his argument and then quickly says "now we have to move on"
it used to wind me up to the point where i just don't listen to his show anymore.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Hope he never feels the need to become a journalist again, as the knives will be out for him. If you agree with him, you get airtime, if you don't he carefully places opposition at the END of the discussion, making their point the concluding one, HIS views are carefull manipulated into the programme, the JV show is graduallly becoming just a platform for selected views rather than a discussion programme.

Any topic in peticular today?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
He stated yesterday when someone said 'what do you think', 'I'm paid not to have an opinion' but I agree with the above posters, his attitude to anyone who does not share his view tells you his opinion.

OP
OP
darklord

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
On today's prog, he was slamming as "hate emails" any views that criticised Kate and Gerry Mcann. A woman on the programme who also supported them, told people who had opposing views, that they "had issues" and should seek help. Not exactly an unbiased programme.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
I listen to Radio 2 all day but have to turn it off when Jeremy Vine comes on.
His opinions and pc attitude drive me mad I can't stand him.:shout:

OP
OP
darklord

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Complaint now made to R2, no doubt they will support their No1 "star".:RollEyes:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I cope with him, but I have to turn it off when that prat Steve Wright comes on:shout::shout::shout:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I cope with him, but I have to turn it off when [HI]that prat Steve Wright[/HI] comes on:shout::shout::shout:

Did you tune in when Patrick Kielty took over last week, my goodness what a refreshing change.

Surely the Beeb must have hundreds of letters suggesting they take him on full time instead of that Arse kisser Steve Wright.

He interviewed Michael Bubblḕ and all the way through called him Mickey Bubble as in bubal. He did a brillaint job. Griff:Smile:

OP
OP
darklord

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
::bigsmile:http://www.facebook.com/pages/BBC-Radio-2-Steve-Wright-What-a-Wabbit/104825596230087

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
On today's prog, he was slamming as "hate emails" any views that criticised Kate and Gerry Mcann. A woman on the programme who also supported them, told people who had opposing views, that they "had issues" and should seek help. Not exactly an unbiased programme.

YES listen to that and totally agree

paul8ch

Free Member
Nov 22, 2011
kent
Funster No
MH
minibus conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
i have noticed this on many occasions whilst listening to radio2.
he will always talk over the people that have a valid opposition to his argument and then quickly says "now we have to move on"
it used to wind me up to the point where i just don't listen to his show anymore.

cor if you think he's bad try listening or indeed getting a word in with Nick Ferari or James whale on LBC

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Jeremy Vine Show

I have Radio 2 on the whole day and agree with most of the comments posted. Love Patrick Kielty mainly because you never really know what he'll come out with and that is great!:roflmto:
However, a few months back JV was discussing Asians living in the UK and how they appear to have more rights than us Brits. A man from south London called the programme to say that he had spotted a sticker on the window of a London cab driven by an Asian driver. The sign read, "YOU MAY HAVE YOUR QUEEN, BUT "WE" HAVE YOUR COUNTRY!
The caller was making his point that he agreed entirely with this and wasn't happy about what the sticker said, saying that the average Brit was now in the minority.
Jeremy became very uncomfortable and said to the caller, "Well, I'm sure a lot of our listeners won't agree with that" and quickly got shot of the caller.:Blush:

G4GMO

Free Member
Sep 6, 2007
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Who's Jeremy Vine? Not having listened to Radio 2 for some time I don't know who he is. I seem to remember Jimmy Young, is he still broadcasting? Used to listen to Radio 1 when Noel Edmunds/DLT/and the late great Jimmy Saville amongst others where broadcasting. Hissing Sid was innocent IMHO. Seem to remember Terry Wogan used to do an early spot on Radio 2 in the 80s but I found that a little boring ....... to say the least.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I cope with him, but I have to turn it off when that prat Steve Wright comes on:shout::shout::shout:

It is a shame about J Vine, as he was good when he started that show, gave people a chance to speak and actually listened to what they said. Now he is right up himself and cuts people off very rudely. No I have never phoned the show :ROFLMAO: As for Steve Wright, he mainly annoys me as he repeats the news. He is not the news reader! So I generally turn back to 4 at 2pm (only having gone to 2 at 1pm when the news started on 4) then I have The Archers and a play and no music that I do not like. Now, if we have the radiogram on and we are both listening we have Norfolk Radio on. Lots of chat and great accents ::bigsmile: Jane :Smile:

Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011 (so a bit of a newbie)
HIS views are carefull manipulated into the programme, the JV show is graduallly becoming just a platform for selected views rather than a discussion programme.

I think you could say the same thing about the WHOLE of the BBC. Underneath the cosy exterior it is a very political organisation in my experience.

That said I love the plays on Radio 4 and the comedy stuff on Radio 4 Extra, and figure it is worth paying my license fee for that alone :Smile:

Myfanwy

Free Member
Jan 2, 2009
Cheddar Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
nine years
:Doh: Thought it was only me that didn't like this idiot!

He is so rude and condesending I can't stand his show and always turn off.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back