jennymaywright

Free Member
Aug 21, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Just want to introduce ourselves. We have been campers and caravanners for a number of years but are now considering moving on to a motorhome.

We have been thinking about an A Class Hymer but would only be able to afford an older model. Is there any advice anyone can give us, for instance what are be benefits/drawbacks of A Class motorhomes compared to coachbuilt. Also advice regarding pitfalls to watch out for and where are good places to look for one etc etc. Have been scanning Ebay but feel a bit nervous about bidding as we've never done it before.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Hi!

A class versus..... We just went A class (RV) and love it, horses for courses but, big windows if your stuck/want to be indoors, just completely different, my opinion. Better use of space, our old C class lost around 4-5ft in 'cab' area were the equivelant loss in the A is around 1ft, all in all more comfy for us, then there are only the two.

Old Hymers, don't know, but you see a fair few some they can't be bad? With eBay, like anything, you really need to look before taking any action.

Have fun!

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hello Jenny and Dave we prefer A class for the same reasons given by Dodgey, lots more usable space welcome

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
The old Hymers are OK, if you buy on ebay, there is no legal contract to buy even if you win.

Dont bid on things miles away from you.

Don't part with any money until you have seen the van and checked it over thoroughly and if you are not happy with the purchase, just walk away.

Peter

TDH

Jun 22, 2009
Powys/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loads
Ha! You sure this isn't a plot by you two to nick the object of my desire:winky:?

Have a look at the one at Marshbrook.

Tx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
My 544 is still for sale.
Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back