Jeko Snow Belts or Snow Socks (1 Viewer)

Shell181

Free Member
Apr 11, 2010
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hymer C642 CL
Exp
June 2010
Hi

Just wandered if anyone uses either of them with their motorhome and what you thought of them please? I'm trying to get as many views on them before we take the plunge on the socks or the belts.

Michele
:Smile:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Canna remember where but this was done to death on one of the forums I infest
One wheel spin on icy gravel or decent road surface and your sock would have the same properties as a bit of string !

Jim has it dead right .. Chains are the only real option

Mind you.......................................

Just wondering if there is anything like a chain-mail tyre chain ? Sort of like a sock but made of proper stuff !

Just did a quick search and nothing leapt out at me

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Shell181

Shell181

Free Member
Apr 11, 2010
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hymer C642 CL
Exp
June 2010
Hubby won't buy chains cos they are a nightmare to put on, only want something for the UK, just wanted to get something for a 'just in case' ......

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
They are all a nightmare to put on. But especially ones that use seperate little wraparound/through straps. You have to feed right through the wheel a number of times, there are lot of brake bits and stuff to negotiate and it's almost impossible to feed them through with gloves on.

Chains can be put on while wearing gloves and are actually less fiddly than the strap ones, a couple of practises chains are easy enough and they work better, they are recognised by the police if you are in a chain only area in Europe :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back