Jeg mangler hjælp!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

AdgeRas

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
Exp
Hi folks. :shout: hjælp!!!!!!!

We are i9n Denmark, safe and sound at Rasmus' family for Christmas.

The MH is pluuged into their domestic house electrics (220V) via the normal lead we use at the campsites, using the same plug we would use if plugging into european campsite.

In the MH I have got an adapter so that I can plug a small old electric fan heater (Danish) into the 3 pin UK 13 amp plug socket. It is very cold here and I do not want to use the MH Truma gas heater and use all the gas we have got with us (I have been to the local camping shop, and ONE 6kg gas bottle would cost me almost £100 and then there would be the cost of the pipes and gas connector too).

Yesterday, I plugged the small electric fan heater in, without any extension lead IN the MH and used it on the low setting. Everything was fine, but the MH did not get heated much. I then turned it up to the high setting (2KW) and used it for about 1 hour and it was good, but when I went to unplug it at bedtime, the adapter plug was very hot.

This morning, I plugged the heater in again (full power) but with a domestic extension lead inline so that I could get the heater in a different position, and I also used the other one of the 2 13 amp sockets we have in the MH. '30 minutes, and I will check to see if the adapter is getting hot', well that is what I told myself when I left the MH and went into the house to make a coffee. Ten minutes after leaving the MH, and having turned the kettle on in the kitchen of the house 3 minutes previous, all the electics in the house tripped out. I instantly went an unplugged the MH from the mains, and then tripped the power in the house and all seemed to be fine in the house.

"What thoughts can any one please share with me??"

I am not sure if it could be a problem with the MH electrics, or is it simply an 'overload' of the domestic circuit ( 4.2KW if you add the fire 2kw in the MH and the kettle 2.2kw in the house).

Please excuse the waffle, but I am in someways at a loss to explain better. Any thoughts, questions or ideas would be appreciated.

Adge and Ras.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
4.2kw at 220v is 19amps so you could well be overloading the house electrics.

i dont know what their normal socket ring amps will be.

if there is a seperate upstairs ringmain can you plug the motorhome into that instead and spread the total load throughout the house instead of on just the one ring.

blucamp2

Free Member
Oct 28, 2008
Funster No
Hi Adgeras , I did the same thing in denmark at a freinds summer house. heater fine on low setting , tripped the house electrics on high the fuse here is 10 amp so with a uk heater and 13amp fuse somthing has to give
bye the way the danish gas system is the same as the Spainish if thats any Hjælp...

regards phil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Fatalhud

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
19 Years on and off
You would need to check the rating (amps) of the circuit breaker/trip

As pappajohn has stated the circuit will have been pulling around 19amps

Alan H

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi when you say it tripped the electric's, do you mean the RCD or the MCB? If its the RCD then you have a fault not an overload, most probably in the extension lead, strip the plugs of and check their wiring.

Olley

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
then turned it up to the high setting (2KW) and used it for about 1 hour and it was good, but when I went to unplug it at bedtime, the adapter plug was very hot.

Cheap adaptor will not take the current, bad contacts etc, get a decent one

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back