jeff and chris (1 Viewer)

arryboy123

Free Member
Oct 24, 2010
Funster No
Newbys to the motorhome world looking for our first one. Totally confused do we get fixed bed or what. Looking at hymerC494 any comments, also what are peoples thoughts on the Fiat 2000cc engine is it slow.
regards

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Welcome to the forum Jeff & Chris ::bigsmile:
flyingwelcome

Can't help with the Hymer advice, but I am sure someone with the apprpriate knowledge will be along soon ::bigsmile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Looking at hymerC494 any comments, also what are peoples thoughts on the Fiat 2000cc engine is it slow.
regards

We have a 2003 2l Fiat JTD, was a bit slow, re-flashed and now it's fine. £250(ish).

Hymer, good reputation.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to fun, don't be rushed look around ask questions and have a good idea of what you want from your motorhome before you buy.

Are you hopeing to be away for a couple of months at a time

Is it going to be more week ends

Will you want to carry bikes or a scooter

Is there room for a barbie / chairs and a table

Do you want a drop down bed / 2 single beds / or a permantly made up bed.

Does it need to be under 6 meters or have you plenty of storage.

Do you want a full cooker or happy with just a hob.

Just a few of the many questions to ask your selves and on Motorhome Fun just ask away and someone will soon be along with a awnser.

One of the best investements is the £10 sub for the forum you are only a question away from friends. :welcomefunster:

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
2010 and camper all my life
Can help you with your thoughts but mine went as follows....

do I want EUROPEAN (NORMAL TYPE) van ,,can I live in it as Im old. Is there enough room to be fulltiming for a year. As I want to explore...

Ah so you cant have space in a van AND tour down iccle lanes...

so I decided big rv to accom friends and family visitors whilst affording me the luxury I need for a long stay and tow an iccle vehicle for exploring.

If I was weekending and one or two weeks summer holiday in it only ..then my plan would have been for a european one with U shaped lounge...space and bed and accom in three locations if you get one with an overhead bunk.

So its horses for courses....decide how often you will use it and that may lead you into the answer.

Look on the bright side..whatever decision you make its gonna be the wrong one...but never admit it on a camp site..always big up ya m/home :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Jeff & Chris and :welcome:

decisions decisions.... will be amazing if you get it right first time, as long as it doesn't turn out to be a costly mistake, then it can be enjoyable. My advise is really take your time, and make a good list of the things you want out of a MH.

My last Caravan had a fixed bed and I loved it. when we bought our MH last year one of my conditions was a FB, we looked for months, our ideal ultimate one was out of our budget so we decided to compromise and FB went off my wish list along with a couple of other things. I do like what we have, but by god i wished i'd held out and waited for the one i really wanted! I can not comment on Hymmer apart from the fact Jeff (hubby) really likes them. Personally not my bag. So back to saving me coppers for my ultimate. Which by the way will be an Auto trail Chieftan.

Good luck in your search

Andy & Jeff

aka The Stig

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back