The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Here at Thtford Sunday Pm
Belly full from Sunday roast
Sun shine warm and very relaxing
It has been a great weekend. Lots of nice people ( exept for the Clampets in a Caravan making noise till 230 am )

I moved as far away as I could just to get some sleep
Thank you to jaws and all who have worked so hard to give us all a great time
I will come again if you will have me back :thumb:
Just dont let the Clampets. Pitch near me :Blush:

cbrookson

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2011
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur RX9 2012
Exp
Since 2001
Thanks all, just got home as we had to leave early.
Thanks to Jaws and Family for organising the events and sunshine as well!
Took us a few Gin and Tonics to forget about the noise, after that it was fine! Could see why you moved.

Enjoyed it all, will put some pictures on our Blog now we have an Internet connection, and can upload some here soon -
Good to meet you all for our first time to a Fun meet, and had a great time. ::bigsmile:

Cheers

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We normally accuse the Tuggers of being party-poopers!:ROFLMAO:

Is caravanning the new rock and roll??!!!:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cbrookson

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2011
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur RX9 2012
Exp
Since 2001
Some pictures from yesterday - A line of funsters

Broken Link Removed

And some of the bike racing ......

Broken Link Removed

The ping pong catching has been censored :ROFLMAO:

Cheers

OP
OP
M
Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Thanks all, just got home as we had to leave early.
Thanks to Jaws and Family for organising the events and sunshine as well!
Took us a few Gin and Tonics to forget about the noise, after that it was fine! Could see why you moved.

Enjoyed it all, will put some pictures on our Blog now we have an Internet connection, and can upload some here soon -
Good to meet you all for our first time to a Fun meet, and had a great time. ::bigsmile:

Cheers

Good to meet you too
I saw you leave. Good to know you got home safe
Hope to meet you again some where take care. Ian

OP
OP
M
Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
We normally accuse the Tuggers of being party-poopers!:ROFLMAO:

Is caravanning the new rock and roll??!!!:Eeek:

Not sure about rock n roll
The group next to me where very ignorant no thought for otheres. Started. Putting wind brake poles three inches from my motorhome
After keepIng people awake till early hours in the morning

I am no party pooper however a little politeness goes along way
It took me back 20 years to my caravan days but I concidered others back then as I do now

Wizbangs

Free Member
Nov 8, 2011
MK, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Burford Duo
Exp
Four years
What a great weekend and an amazing amount of money raised. Loved the fun and games. Well done Jaws. You did us proud. I met some lovely people and also a few to avoid when I want peace and quiet. :ROFLMAO:

Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!
My first Funster Rally (and first proper rally too!) and oh boy was it fun! Thanks everyone for making me so welcome.

Jaws (and family) - brilliant job and many thanks. Please do put my name down for the next one!

Lovely to have put names to so many faces!

Thanks again guys

Kath

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Brilliant weekend and so glad we could make it this year, and what weather we had, it makes such a difference. ::bigsmile:

Well done John and all his family for all their hard work, we had a great time and really looking forward to the next one. :thumb:

Sunday lunch and a pint. :thumb:

The auction / moped racing and all the silly games, :ROFLMAO: Loved it. :roflmto:

Great meeting old friends and meeting new ones, gave some funster stickers out and sorry if we never got to chat if you were there, but we think some might have been funsters that we thought were with the bike club. :whatthe: :Doh:

We will catch up with you next time. :thumb:

John said it will be funsters only next year, so get your names down, you will not be disappointed. :thumb: Bob and Jane.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Brilliant weekend and so glad we could make it this year, and what weather we had, it makes such a difference. ::bigsmile:

Well done John and all his family for all their hard work, we had a great time and really looking forward to the next one. :thumb:

Sunday lunch and a pint. :thumb:

The auction / moped racing and all the silly games, :ROFLMAO: Loved it. :roflmto:

Great meeting old friends and meeting new ones, gave some funster stickers out and sorry if we never got to chat if you were there, but we think some might have been funsters that we thought were with the bike club. :whatthe: :Doh:

We will catch up with you next time. :thumb:

John said it will be funsters only next year, so get your names down, you will not be disappointed. :thumb: Bob and Jane.

Definitely a funster meet next year - I will have withdrawal symptoms if its not done next year, and we all know the consequences of that and I am getting a little old for pole dancing :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The sunday lunch was excellent value for money and the fun and games were beautifully spaced out. There was no pressure to take part (for others hehehehehehe but john knows we're game for a laugh) and the sun shone

We didnt want to come home. Waiting for next years meet to be advertised all ready.

Got some fabulous bargains at the auction which was a wonderful bonus

Well done and wtg to John Maureen and their family

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
Certainly was a great weekend, and also our first meet, many thanks to Jaws and family for organising it, and a special thankyou to Ken & Linda, Jeff & Andrea Bob & Val ,Dave & Amanda, Shaun & Nickie, Paul &Leanne as well as many others for making us feel so welcome, look forward to seeing you all again, Now to sort out some of those pictures...... who mentioned ping pong balls
Mark & Jan

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
We thoroughly enjoyed the rally at Thetford. Huge thanks to John and his family and as a result of your efforts you raised a wonderful amount of money for the Air Ambulance. We fully support what Gail (ourcampersbeentrashed) has said and hope we can all persuade Jaws to run another one next year.
Keep your eyes open for the announcement - you won't want to miss it!

:thumb::Cool:::bigsmile:

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
What a fantastic Thetford meet, great weather, great venue, great FUNSTERS,
brilliant bank holiday weekend, lots of money raised for air ambulance with the charity auction on saturday night.
The games ran by Jaws and his family were FUN!!
Good to meet old friends and new one's Jan & Mark (fulltimers)
Can't wait till next year, put our names down.
Got a few piccies to upload, so hope the album is put on soon, here are a couple to show you what it's all about

Attachments

• Thetford Bash 2013 074.jpg
    Thetford Bash 2013 074.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 39
  • Thetford Bash 2013 038.jpg
    Thetford Bash 2013 038.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Thetford Bash 2013 065.jpg
    Thetford Bash 2013 065.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

163phil

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Kenilworth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Still only a year after many years camping
A big thank you to Jaws and family for making the weekend such fun. How they booked the weather is beyond me - I could do with a tip!

It was good to meet you all, although I must admit we seemed to spend most of the time around the bird group. As it's funsters only next year, all being well we'll be back and leaving the bird at home (although we may still have to bring a little something on the trailer):Smile:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Full report late and thanks will be added, but I should just set one thing right else I will end up getting beaten !!!!

I have run the Bird Bash for many years.. Nowadays it is bi-annual and will continue to be :thumb:

Richard, Gay ( The Scotties ) Gail and Tony ( Our campers been Trashed ) and a few others sort of brow beat me in to at least considering doing a Bash next year.. They also said they would be very happy to help with a lot of the weekends fun and games, so yes, after words with Woman, I have decided to lay it on again :thumb:

Gotta go book the site for next year during the week ( yep, it takes about a year to make sure it all goes to plan ! )

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Full report late and thanks will be added, but I should just set one thing right else I will end up getting beaten !!!!

I have run the Bird Bash for many years.. Nowadays it is bi-annual and will continue to be :thumb:

Richard, Gay ( The Scotties ) Gail and Tony ( Our campers been Trashed ) and a few others sort of brow beat me in to at least considering doing a Bash next year.. They also said they would be very happy to help with a lot of the weekends fun and games, so yes, after words with Woman, I have decided to lay it on again :thumb:

Gotta go book the site for next year during the week ( yep, it takes about a year to make sure it all goes to plan ! )

Nothing stopping you doing a bird meet bi annually but us funsters cant be waiting two years to have some fun at thetford. the site was beautifully located and as for the sunday lunch - well I wish I could be there every sunday

Of course we will chip in as usual

and have to admit, the food was well worth every penny and well the fun was all down to everyone who attended if people dont take part it can flop in a second - but there was no chance of that with the wonderful people who attend this years meet

with so many asking when its happening again, next years meet will go beyond expectations and with everyone chipping in the stress on john and maureen willl hopefully be a little less

Last edited:

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Just to add our two penneth...
Now we're back in the land of Internet connection! Mind you, have to say it was good not to be driven by technology this weekend.

John, Mo, Darryl and all. One word (unusual I hear you say!)

Fan-Bloomin-Tastic... :notworthy:

Next word, well sentence
For you funsters uncertain about foreign lands!
The trip down was very picturesque, the natives were very friendly, language barrier a bit difficult to overcome, but amber nectar seems to help. :drink: Local customs were easy enough to interpret, just have plenty of there' there' plasters on board bus and you will be fine. Local greeting customs involve ping pong balls, how strange! But hey I'm all for tradition!

Seriously enjoyable time, beautiful weather was a bonus, you worked hard John and it was appreciated thank you:clap:
Wonderful to meet some of the new funsters too, welcome aboard guys, hope you weren't put off tooooo much :ROFLMAO:

Love n hugs
XxX

Last edited:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Posted our thanks on to John Mo & Family on another thread. So just to reiterate what the rest have said it was an excellent meet. They know how ter paaartty in Narfek.

Elsan disposal was a bit dodgy this morning I was really gipping :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ken & Lynda + Jess

4_4_2

Free Member
May 28, 2013
Retford Notts
Funster No
MH
tugger
Exp
Big Thankyou's

hi all,

have just registered on here so that we can thank the organisers and the nice people we met at the Thetford Bash. Although we originally booked through BIRD, we decided a long time ago to take our caravan and the two boys and not go on the bike. On the way down on Friday I thought that was a great decision, but when the Saturday rideout disappeared into the glorious sunshine was not so sure...

Although I missed my bike this weekend we met some really nice people, and will also be joining another, more caravan focused group which was recommended to us, so thanks for that.

I am really rubbish with names but if you spoke to us, and included us, many thanks for that..especially our neighbours for the weekend , Mary and John, (think that's right?) who were especially helpful when our Gas went early on Sunday Morning. John told me that the MH lot are a pleasant and helpful bunch of people, he was right.

Jaws and Family, you have already had my thanks on Bird, but for the benefit of this lot, Take a bow son!! :thumb:

hope to see some of you again soon.

Mike, Leeann, Jordan and Daniel.
(hopefully not the clampets!)

Last edited:

Wizbangs

Free Member
Nov 8, 2011
MK, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Burford Duo
Exp
Four years
It was a pleasure to meet you and to be able to help with the gas. Welcome to the Funsters. :Smile:

Mary & John

Gaz

Free Member
Nov 25, 2007
cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since june 2005
Hi Jaws Thanks for a great weekend, sun, fun, friends old and new, hope we don't have to wait too long for another meet with you. :thumb: Thanks again. Julie (gaz's better half )

scally

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 15, 2010
essex and lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Eldiss Autoquest 320
Exp
since 1998
at last we managed to get to a fun rally..... wow:Smile::Smile::Smile: what a weekend, shows what we have been missing.:cry:

thanks to Jaws and family for all the work and for our pleasure over the rally:thumb::thumb::thumb:..

met some lovely people I just wish I could remember all their names:Doh::Doh:

looking forward to next rally that ties in with my plans and definitely next years THETFORD BASH,:winky::winky: thanks again John

martin and carol

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Fantastic weather, fantastic people, fantastic friends (new and old), fantastic organiser, fantastic weekend. ::bigsmile: :thumb:

Aug 23, 2012
Corton, Lowestoft
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
10 years m/h, plus 15 years caravan......
The Bash

Have posted something somewhere else on the site, but I will add my comments here as well.
It was my first Funster meet, I go away with a lot of other clubs, (only had 2 weekends at home since Christmas, & I am still working full time).
What a blast, was made so welcome by John & everyone, great games, reasonably priced booze at the clubhouse, great food, great weather, what a brilliant time I had.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I arrived on site Friday afternoon a stranger & left on Sunday having made a load more friends.::bigsmile:
My thanks to John, the family & all who assisted in the weekend to make it as good as it was. You all done yourselves proud.
Really looking forward to the next one next year, the only thing I ask is that you give us the date sooner rather than later, as I have such a busy social life, I must make sure it does not clash with anything else.
Thanks again Jaws, really lovely meeting you all, & hope to see you at a meet real soon.
Deg3y & his Shadow :thumb:

goondaan

Free Member
Jan 4, 2013
Welwyn Garden City
Funster No
MH
Tugger
Exp
Thetford Bash

A bigThank you to all at the Thetford bash, we had a fab time and please put my name down for the next.

We where made to feel really welcome, thank you to all the organisers, hope to see all our new friends at one of the other meets.

mad merc

Free Member
Dec 16, 2012
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes 508d concorde
Exp
we are newbies
Thetford Bash

Hi to all the lovely people we met at The bash this weekend.
Thank you to Jaws for all his hard work, our first trip away in our merc, very relaxing our batteries are now recharged, can't believe the weather timed to perfection!
Hope to see you all again somewhere soon.:thumb:

Damon and Celia:winky:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Have posted something somewhere else on the site, but I will add my comments here as well.
It was my first Funster meet, I go away with a lot of other clubs, (only had 2 weekends at home since Christmas, & I am still working full time).
What a blast, was made so welcome by John & everyone, great games, reasonably priced booze at the clubhouse, great food, great weather, what a brilliant time I had.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I arrived on site Friday afternoon a stranger & left on Sunday having made a load more friends.::bigsmile:
My thanks to John, the family & all who assisted in the weekend to make it as good as it was. You all done yourselves proud.
Really looking forward to the next one next year, [HI]the only thing I ask is that you give us the date sooner rather than later[/HI], as I have such a busy social life, I must make sure it does not clash with anything else.
Thanks again Jaws, really lovely meeting you all, & hope to see you at a meet real soon.
Deg3y & his Shadow :thumb:

oooookkkkkkkk, the best I can do is give you the dates for next year now..

Friday the 23rd of May to Monday the 26th ( and as usual folk will be welcome to arrive a day or so early and leave a day or so late :thumb: )

Aug 23, 2012
Corton, Lowestoft
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
10 years m/h, plus 15 years caravan......
Thetford Bash

Just to let you know the date is on my calendar..........:ROFLMAO:.......Such Fun.
Thanks again..........:thumb:

Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!
On my calendar too! Many thanks Jaws - already looking forward to it!::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back