Jaws bash @ Thetford

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by motorhomelover, May 26, 2013.

1. motorhomelover

motorhomelover

Here at Thtford Sunday Pm
    Belly full from Sunday roast
    Sun shine warm and very relaxing
    It has been a great weekend. Lots of nice people ( exept for the Clampets in a Caravan making noise till 230 am )

I moved as far away as I could just to get some sleep
    Thank you to jaws and all who have worked so hard to give us all a great time
    I will come again if you will have me back :thumb:
    Just dont let the Clampets. Pitch near me :Blush:

2. cbrookson

cbrookson Funster

Thanks all, just got home as we had to leave early.
    Thanks to Jaws and Family for organising the events and sunshine as well!
    Took us a few Gin and Tonics to forget about the noise, after that it was fine! Could see why you moved.

Enjoyed it all, will put some pictures on our Blog now we have an Internet connection, and can upload some here soon -
    Good to meet you all for our first time to a Fun meet, and had a great time. :BigGrin:

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  3. jonandshell

jonandshell Funster

We normally accuse the Tuggers of being party-poopers!:Rofl1:

Is caravanning the new rock and roll??!!!:Eeek:

• Like Like x 1
  4. cbrookson

cbrookson Funster

Some pictures from yesterday - A line of funsters

[​IMG]

And some of the bike racing ......

[​IMG]

The ping pong catching has been censored :Rofl1:

Cheers

• Like Like x 4
  5. motorhomelover

motorhomelover

Good to meet you too
    I saw you leave. Good to know you got home safe
    Hope to meet you again some where take care. Ian

6. motorhomelover

motorhomelover

Not sure about rock n roll
    The group next to me where very ignorant no thought for otheres. Started. Putting wind brake poles three inches from my motorhome
    After keepIng people awake till early hours in the morning

I am no party pooper however a little politeness goes along way
    It took me back 20 years to my caravan days but I concidered others back then as I do now

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wizbangs

Wizbangs

What a great weekend and an amazing amount of money raised. Loved the fun and games. Well done Jaws. You did us proud. I met some lovely people and also a few to avoid when I want peace and quiet. :Rofl1:

8. Philcott

Philcott Read Only Funster

My first Funster Rally (and first proper rally too!) and oh boy was it fun! Thanks everyone for making me so welcome.

Jaws (and family) - brilliant job and many thanks. Please do put my name down for the next one!

Lovely to have put names to so many faces!

Thanks again guys

Kath

9. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

Brilliant weekend and so glad we could make it this year, and what weather we had, it makes such a difference. :BigGrin:

Well done John and all his family for all their hard work, we had a great time and really looking forward to the next one. :thumb:

Sunday lunch and a pint. :thumb:

The auction / moped racing and all the silly games, :Rofl1: Loved it. :Laughing:

Great meeting old friends and meeting new ones, gave some funster stickers out and sorry if we never got to chat if you were there, but we think some might have been funsters that we thought were with the bike club. :Eek!: :Doh:

We will catch up with you next time. :thumb:

John said it will be funsters only next year, so get your names down, you will not be disappointed. :thumb: Bob and Jane.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

Definitely a funster meet next year - I will have withdrawal symptoms if its not done next year, and we all know the consequences of that and I am getting a little old for pole dancing :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

The sunday lunch was excellent value for money and the fun and games were beautifully spaced out. There was no pressure to take part (for others hehehehehehe but john knows we're game for a laugh) and the sun shone

We didnt want to come home. Waiting for next years meet to be advertised all ready.

Got some fabulous bargains at the auction which was a wonderful bonus

Well done and wtg to John Maureen and their family

• Like Like x 1
  11. freelanderuk

freelanderuk Read Only Funster

Great weekend , great weather , loads of fun and games and a Sunday dinner also , well done John and family for a fantastic weekend

12. FULL TIMER

FULL TIMER Read Only Funster

Certainly was a great weekend, and also our first meet, many thanks to Jaws and family for organising it, and a special thankyou to Ken & Linda, Jeff & Andrea Bob & Val ,Dave & Amanda, Shaun & Nickie, Paul &Leanne as well as many others for making us feel so welcome, look forward to seeing you all again, Now to sort out some of those pictures...... who mentioned ping pong balls
    Mark & Jan

Last edited: May 27, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  13. snailtrailer

snailtrailer Funster

We thoroughly enjoyed the rally at Thetford. Huge thanks to John and his family and as a result of your efforts you raised a wonderful amount of money for the Air Ambulance. We fully support what Gail (ourcampersbeentrashed) has said and hope we can all persuade Jaws to run another one next year.
    Keep your eyes open for the announcement - you won't want to miss it!

:thumb::Cool::BigGrin:

14. weekenders

weekenders Funster Life Member

What a fantastic Thetford meet, great weather, great venue, great FUNSTERS,
    brilliant bank holiday weekend, lots of money raised for air ambulance with the charity auction on saturday night.
    The games ran by Jaws and his family were FUN!!
    Good to meet old friends and new one's Jan & Mark (fulltimers)
    Can't wait till next year, put our names down.
    Got a few piccies to upload, so hope the album is put on soon, here are a couple to show you what it's all about

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  15. 163phil

163phil Read Only Funster

A big thank you to Jaws and family for making the weekend such fun. How they booked the weather is beyond me - I could do with a tip!

It was good to meet you all, although I must admit we seemed to spend most of the time around the bird group. As it's funsters only next year, all being well we'll be back and leaving the bird at home (although we may still have to bring a little something on the trailer):Smile:

16. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Full report late and thanks will be added, but I should just set one thing right else I will end up getting beaten !!!!

I have run the Bird Bash for many years.. Nowadays it is bi-annual and will continue to be :thumb:

Richard, Gay ( The Scotties ) Gail and Tony ( Our campers been Trashed ) and a few others sort of brow beat me in to at least considering doing a Bash next year.. They also said they would be very happy to help with a lot of the weekends fun and games, so yes, after words with Woman, I have decided to lay it on again :thumb:

Gotta go book the site for next year during the week ( yep, it takes about a year to make sure it all goes to plan ! )

• Like Like x 7
  17. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

Nothing stopping you doing a bird meet bi annually but us funsters cant be waiting two years to have some fun at thetford. the site was beautifully located and as for the sunday lunch - well I wish I could be there every sunday

Of course we will chip in as usual

and have to admit, the food was well worth every penny and well the fun was all down to everyone who attended if people dont take part it can flop in a second - but there was no chance of that with the wonderful people who attend this years meet

with so many asking when its happening again, next years meet will go beyond expectations and with everyone chipping in the stress on john and maureen willl hopefully be a little less

18. the stig

the stig Funster

Just to add our two penneth...
    Now we're back in the land of Internet connection! Mind you, have to say it was good not to be driven by technology this weekend.

John, Mo, Darryl and all. One word (unusual I hear you say!)

Fan-Bloomin-Tastic... :notworthy:

Next word, well sentence
    For you funsters uncertain about foreign lands!
    The trip down was very picturesque, the natives were very friendly, language barrier a bit difficult to overcome, but amber nectar seems to help. :drink: Local customs were easy enough to interpret, just have plenty of there' there' plasters on board bus and you will be fine. Local greeting customs involve ping pong balls, how strange! But hey I'm all for tradition!

Seriously enjoyable time, beautiful weather was a bonus, you worked hard John and it was appreciated thank you:clap:
    Wonderful to meet some of the new funsters too, welcome aboard guys, hope you weren't put off tooooo much :Rofl1:

Love n hugs
    XxX

Last edited: May 28, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  19. canopus

canopus Funster Life Member

Posted our thanks on to John Mo & Family on another thread. So just to reiterate what the rest have said it was an excellent meet. They know how ter paaartty in Narfek.

Elsan disposal was a bit dodgy this morning I was really gipping :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

Ken & Lynda + Jess

• Like Like x 3
  20. 4_4_2

4_4_2 Read Only Funster

Big Thankyou's

hi all,

have just registered on here so that we can thank the organisers and the nice people we met at the Thetford Bash. Although we originally booked through BIRD, we decided a long time ago to take our caravan and the two boys and not go on the bike. On the way down on Friday I thought that was a great decision, but when the Saturday rideout disappeared into the glorious sunshine was not so sure...

Although I missed my bike this weekend we met some really nice people, and will also be joining another, more caravan focused group which was recommended to us, so thanks for that.

I am really rubbish with names but if you spoke to us, and included us, many thanks for that..especially our neighbours for the weekend , Mary and John, (think that's right?) who were especially helpful when our Gas went early on Sunday Morning. John told me that the MH lot are a pleasant and helpful bunch of people, he was right.

Jaws and Family, you have already had my thanks on Bird, but for the benefit of this lot, Take a bow son!! :thumb:

hope to see some of you again soon.

Mike, Leeann, Jordan and Daniel.
    (hopefully not the clampets!)

Last edited: May 28, 2013
    • Like Like x 5