jamie1888

Free Member
May 20, 2012
fife
Funster No
MH
elldis
Exp
hi im new to motorhomes and just bought a elldis motorhome a 1991.my question is wen i try to poot ma hot water switch on witch is a cascade no lights come on.so i looked at the fuse on the panel witch has lights pump and auxilary and the auxilary one keeps on blowing.i swoped the wires over at the back and the cascade green and yellow lights came on for a second then went out and the fuse blew on the one i poot the wiring on to and woz wondering wot could b making it blow.thanks regards jamie

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Jamie, to state the obvious theres a short circuit somewhere. :Smile: you need to get a multi meter with a man who knows how to use it if you do not to do some continuity checks to track it down. without some fault finding i doubt anyone could say without extreme luck.
i would advise not swapping wires around with power on even though its only 12v you can cause damage to equipment and / or even a fire.:cry:
good luck with the fault finding its probably someting simple..:thumb:

Feb 26, 2012
Funster No
MH
coach
Exp
Motorhome since 2006 (caravanning 38yrs)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi Jamie, welcome to fun, hope you have your problem sorted out soon. :welcomefunster:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Jamie and welcome :thumb: you have a short somewhere so you need to check the wiring,if you are unsure either post some pics of wiring or get a sparky /auto electrician to have a look at it
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
J

jamie1888

Free Member
May 20, 2012
fife
Funster No
MH
elldis
Exp
Hi Jamie, to state the obvious theres a short circuit somewhere. :Smile: you need to get a multi meter with a man who knows how to use it if you do not to do some continuity checks to track it down. without some fault finding i doubt anyone could say without extreme luck.
i would advise not swapping wires around with power on even though its only 12v you can cause damage to equipment and / or even a fire.:cry:
good luck with the fault finding its probably someting simple..:thumb:
thanks for all your help will get a sparky on to it

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back