waynesworld

Free Member
Mar 2, 2012
RADCLIFFE
Funster No
MH
non yet
Exp
Hi all, i am looking for a few types of jack legs for a demountable camper, has anyoine got any links to any that available here in the UK, i just need to look at prices and how they are fitted for a build i am looking at, also manual type would be best for me, but all are worth looking into. I hav eseen the ones on ebay and indespension just wonder if there any other around, i have no luck on the interent except for the ones in america, veyr nice bit of kit but way to dear.

All best

Wolly:Smile:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
might be worth a small investment

Hi all, i am looking for a few types of jack legs for a demountable camper, has anyoine got any links to any that available here in the UK, i just need to look at prices and how they are fitted for a build i am looking at, also manual type would be best for me, but all are worth looking into. I hav eseen the ones on ebay and indespension just wonder if there any other around, i have no luck on the interent except for the ones in america, veyr nice bit of kit but way to dear.

All best

Wolly:Smile:

It may be worth a small investment by way of obtaining the RV Accessories book..it comes out eat year.. should be available ... it has about 900 pages of parts and accessories for RV's.. there is a lot of pages dealing jacks etc., I get my copy from Mark of RV Spares..you can find him on ebay under American RV motorhomes.. I do not have his phone number to hand...

I have a pair of long jacks for my slide out .. it supports it when I am on a site.. RV Spares imported them for me for a lot less than I could on my own UPS account.. not cheap but you get the right item. I know they do sets of Jacks (in 2's) that can be clipped on as well as left in place.. manual windup as well as battery operated.. the Book has a lot of items and costs about £5 plus postage normally.

Hope that helps

Bob

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Have you considered High Lift jacks .. as used by the off road enthusiasts .. sometimes called farm jacks... perhaps they could be modified to suite .. ?

http://www.hi-lift.com/hi-lift-jacks/index.html

and Link Removed

failing that, if you have a drawing of what you require.. have them made up by a fabricator.?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi. across the front bolt a long box section use that to poke in removable jack legs made up from what ever you can find .the back do the same but use two pieces of box section . if you cant fit it below the door . some just have 1 leg at the back .but two are better.
you could use a highlift jack then push in the legs but you would require to weld another bit of box to the first .
hope this explains it . i only have paper pics here and cant scan and get them on here. a simple kind of acro prop could be used as a jack leg.
on my old suntrekker i used the box as fixing mounts for when it was on the pickup.
make sure you have very strong mounts to the pickup. in maroc the biggest failing with demounts is the fixings pulling out after a long off road play.

Last edited:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
You could modify Titan props (alloy ) never seen acrow props in alloy but they may well do them
terry

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
idealy just a nice fitting box into the fixed box .make it wide so its easier to load . with a wind up jack bolt system at the bottom . only take a couple of hours to make . finding the 3 or 4 jacks might take longer . vw type 2 jacks would work.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

waynesworld

Free Member
Mar 2, 2012
RADCLIFFE
Funster No
MH
non yet
Exp
Some good ideas there, thanks, but i will avoid the HiLift jacks, i have used them many a time as i am still an offroader myself, as why i have bought this UMM, best of both worlds if i get my camper done:thumb: I am not a keen user of the jacks, to many bits to fail in them.
But this will be a different to using them in off road situations, its the muck etc that gets to them, also the catch mechanism can be a pain when under strain.
I can fab my own without any problems and will probabley do so as i have thought of a few ideas already, its all i ever do, i make/build instead of buy off the shelf for most things i want if i can., sometimes cheaper but its the joy of doing it and getting what you actualy want or need. Just thought i would have a look around to see prices etc etc, looks like best to fab some up.

The idea have is similar to yours Alan but using tube so the legs swing up when not in use then pinned in place when in use with say in this case, a farm jack welded inplace.

Oh need to go T is ready::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi you do the same with the box trouble with tube it could turn when lifting thats why they use box .i think. mine used to pull out then you turned them and pushed back into the box . i had to extend my originals as i put the suntrekker onto a vw t25 pickup . it was a bit too high but worked well. as it was a single cab it had a kind of veranda out the back. plus the stepsides made usefull storage /. it fitted a treat with the of the bed in place fitted perfect. always thought about boxing the normal step side into lockers . but then went artic . best move ever did .

OP
OP
W

waynesworld

Free Member
Mar 2, 2012
RADCLIFFE
Funster No
MH
non yet
Exp
Ok i have a plan:Smile:

Just want to gte stuck into this, why does time and cash always seem to get in the way:RollEyes: But i have learned to slow down and things tend to happen in time:winky:
I have sorted the body building part so watch this, well the other space folks and i will start a build thread if your interested in a diy demountable build.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back