Noggin
Jan 24, 2012
St Andrews
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2010 All Year Round!!
Had a great weekend away at Sands of Luce caravan park :)

Attachments

• 20160527_175315.jpg
    20160527_175315.jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 86
  • 20160527_175339.jpg
    20160527_175339.jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 79

Bkw141

Free Member
Jun 18, 2016
Lille, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
1 year
New to the forum and first contribution is this thread.

Our first motorhome is an Ixeo Time 590T continental 2016 model (which we collected in December 2015!). we had been long time camping enthusiasts but, with age, decided we needed more comfort and less effort.... Also, semi-retiring, ease to travel without having to find hotels etc.... We researched and dithered for 3 years before buying a camping car and lots of compromises were needed. decided on this one as small so easier to park during day when visiting places, drop down bed so as larger living area during day and a few other considerations.

Overall, it was the right choice and we are enjoying our trips immensely. However, a few things such as limited storage is a problem when wanting to carry chairs, table etc for outside. Also, the large table looked a bonus but sometimes is in the way. However, our supplier says it cannot be changed for a smaller one!

Also have to get used to the way the water gauges work. It appears to measure the capacity of the fresh and waste water tanks in quarters and can be misleading at first. For example, to show the fresh water is full, it needs to overflowing on filling. As soon as you use even a litre and the level drops below full, it shows as ¾ full. On occasions, it has shown empty while there is still 30 litres plus there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 16, 2016
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since May 2016 - very much newbies
Still very happy with our 590 Sovereign as well, we've had 4 long weekend trips away so far with a six day trip to Northumberland starting Friday.
I agree the storage is not as big as many vans but no design is perfect - you have to decide on your priorities, More storage usually means less internal space, smaller lounge or bathroom or a longer van. We wanted our van to fit on a 6m drive so that was the most important point for us.
We can fit everything we need in at the moment including two picnic chairs and a smallish outside table. Might be more challenging this weekend however as I have to fit in all my scuba diving kit!

OP
OP
Noggin
Jan 24, 2012
St Andrews
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2010 All Year Round!!
Well, after a return trip of 2482 miles to the South of France, where we wild camped for a week, got to say that "Bernard" lived up to all expectations!! :)
Would definitely recommend getting an extra leisure battery and solar panels, no worries about power! but van drove well, and was great to live in!! (I am thinking at getting a power upgrade done on engine, after it struggled a bit over the mountains!!) but we loved it!! :) :)

Apr 12, 2011
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo t 590
Exp
4yrs
Our 1st long trip away was a month in france in sept all went well. Were going to Morroco in Jan for 3 months and putting a fiamma back box on the bike rack should have plenty of storage there

Apr 12, 2011
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo t 590
Exp
4yrs
Well managed to get carrier made to carry a spare tyre .Have now dismantled to paint if anyone's interested will put some pic's on as i refit it. Have only made it to carry a tyre not wheel

May 16, 2016
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Certainly would be interested in a photo when you have the time.
Thanks,
Peter&Sue

Apr 12, 2011
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo t 590
Exp
4yrs
Got 2 lengths of 10mm threaded bar,bent it 90 degree's drilled the chassis put bar through and cut to length 2 40mm flat bar 2 lengths of 40mm angle all in alloy.
sandwiched the tyre between the alloy bars,I wrapped the tyre in black cling film to stop dirt getting in. I strapped the tyre around the bars just as a precaution.
Its only for our trip to moroc in Jan, only taking a tyre as my thoughts are any garage can change a tyre

AndyV

Free Member
Feb 5, 2018
France
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
since 2003
Well here I am 14 months after the last post on this subject. I have to ask how did the trip to Morocco go & how are the rest of the ixeo 590 owners getting on with their campers. I have only just changed to a ixeo 590 going the down sizing route. So far so good but the real test with much reduced equipment(since downsizing) will happen this spring on loner trips

Alcemi

Free Member
Jun 17, 2016
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since July 2016
Still loving ours! It’s worked well for the two of us plus fairly large dog - it’s been great for a couple of 3-week European trips, and we’re recently back from a short ski trip in Germany. We’ve added a second leisure battery and solar panel, and have external and internal thermal screens for the cab. We leave room under the bed at night for the dog, so use a small step to make access to the bed easier - which slides away into an alcove under the seats - the ladder normally stays at home. We’ve actually written a review of it for MMM - so you may even see us in print at some point! ;)

AndyV

Free Member
Feb 5, 2018
France
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
since 2003
That's great , will read your review as I do most of them. This one came with a solar panel. haven't looked at the leisure battery yet so don't know if it has two. Struggling with finding out where everything is & how it all works because I have no manuals as yet, that should change hopefully as I have managed to contact the previous owner who did not hand them in. Sad story with him, asked him why the 590 had such a low mileage, unfortunately he is loosing his sight & regretfully had to call it a day. If his wife can't find the books I will have to try else where. Tried to contact Burstner but so far nothing. It's is the fifty five special edition model & has lots of extras that I need to find out about.

Alcemi

Free Member
Jun 17, 2016
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since July 2016
Hi Andy, we have the 590 Sovereign Collection which has a separate brochure just listing the additional features plus some basic technical details, along with some nice marketing pictures. The only available user manual on the Buerstner website for the 590 is the T-Modell 10/11 version, link here:

If this has worked correctly then I have also attached to this reply the user manual we hold for our 590 which is the 15/16 version.

If you need the "Sovereign Collection" brochure, let me know and I will scan and pass it on.

Steve

Attachments

• T-Modell_EN_2601478.pdf
    7.1 MB · Views: 42

AndyV

Free Member
Feb 5, 2018
France
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
since 2003
Many thanks Steve , most of the basic stuff is all there . Will trouble you again if I don't get any literature on the special edition stuff.
What sort of tyre pressures are you running on. Hopefully they were set correctly by the dealer but you never know.
I know about taking it to a weigh bridge & then asking the tyre manufacturer for the recommended pressure . My nearest weigh bridge is about 85Km.

Alcemi

Free Member
Jun 17, 2016
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since July 2016
No problems, as far as tyre pressure we are on 225/75 R16 CP tyres and as per FIAT handbook inflate to 5.5 bar or 80 PSI. Which seems to work for us.

AndyV

Free Member
Feb 5, 2018
France
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
since 2003
Once again, thanks Steve

May 16, 2016
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Quick update - our user review is in the new MMM (April). :)
Excellent review - we have the same 2016 Sovereign model and also would not want to change it (especially as it sits on our 6m driveway and is ready to go at short notice).
Would agree with almost all of your observations - especially having had to arrange the seat cushions so our own dog can move under the bed at night!
Interested in your ideas on the 'daytime snooze' position for the bed & ladder - have to try that out!
  • We haven't had a problem with the fridge door but the bathroom door lock jammed open and had to be replaced
  • Have bought similar add-ons with a few minor differences:
    • Don't have an external shower but have added an external gas point
    • Also have Gaslow but only 1 x 11kg cyl at the moment (Calor cyl & adaptor as fallback)
    • Strikeback alarm from 'you know where'
    • Added Froli springs under bed for a little more comfort
    • Very jealous of your sink cover! will look out for one of those.
Only issue that really needs resolving at the moment is a leak on the external locker door (under the settee). Hopefully it will be fixed easily at the next habitation check in May.

Overall we are also very happy with the motorhome and will be taking it to France for the second time in June!

Happy Motorhoming! If you have any more interesting discoveries/insights please continue to share them.

Regards,
Peter & Sue

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back