I've only got a little one....... (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
.........Solar Panel, but it is big enough to get your attention. Any way, I bought one of those dashboard solar panels, just as a little top up as required. I also bought one of the leads that has the croc clips for the battery and the female 12v socket. I take it there are no issues with this type of set up? Also , I know it shouldn't affect it but when not topping up do I need to remove the croc clips? The socket would store quite nicely in the battery compartment still attached.:Cool:

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
I've used one on various vehicles for a few years now - keeps battery topped up over long periods. No issues! I do disconnect it but for no particular technical reason! :thumb:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
I bought one to keep my Volvo S60 charged whilst we were away-it failed miserably :cry:
I now Use a C-tek charger :thumb:
I guess it depends how much charge you need-many modern cars take quite a bit to run the on-board computer and the alarm.

Mike.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
gordoncbrown
Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Mmmmm. Just been out and disconnected it. It has been on a couple of days and the voltage had been steady. This afternoon it dropped a couple of volts. At least it wasn't expensive.....:cry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back