I've only got a little one.......

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by gordoncbrown, May 23, 2012.

1. gordoncbrown

gordoncbrown Funster

.........Solar Panel, but it is big enough to get your attention. Any way, I bought one of those dashboard solar panels, just as a little top up as required. I also bought one of the leads that has the croc clips for the battery and the female 12v socket. I take it there are no issues with this type of set up? Also , I know it shouldn't affect it but when not topping up do I need to remove the croc clips? The socket would store quite nicely in the battery compartment still attached.:Cool:

• Like Like x 1
  2. stcyr

stcyr Funster

I've used one on various vehicles for a few years now - keeps battery topped up over long periods. No issues! I do disconnect it but for no particular technical reason! :thumb:

3. MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn Read Only Funster

I bought one to keep my Volvo S60 charged whilst we were away-it failed miserably :cry:
    I now Use a C-tek charger :thumb:
    I guess it depends how much charge you need-many modern cars take quite a bit to run the on-board computer and the alarm.

Mike.

4. gordoncbrown

gordoncbrown Funster

Mmmmm. Just been out and disconnected it. It has been on a couple of days and the voltage had been steady. This afternoon it dropped a couple of volts. At least it wasn't expensive.....:cry: