I've just bought the Caravan Club...

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Bushtrekker, May 13, 2012.

1. Bushtrekker

Bushtrekker Read Only Funster

Why else would I have a receipt for £29 for one night on a sloping site running down to a cliff. It does seem slightly excessive:Sad:

2. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

It is

And it was before the recession too

I seem to receive endless requests for feedback and survey filling in but I just delete them now as they clearly take no notice.

They'll stretch the elastic until it snaps before they learn

3. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

They charge what the market will stand :Eeek:

to rich for my blood its family room money at premier inns

4. motor roamin

motor roamin Funster

Blimey that sounds blooming expensive I paid £18 for a 39' RV whith a trailer and car EHU on a wonderfull site Wells Holiday park and after talking with the owner Jason he will offer Fun and RVOC members a discount off that........only downside if you have kids it is an adult only site.......which I prefer being an old fart :Rofl1:

All the best Rick.

• Like Like x 5
  5. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

good drainage though :Laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  6. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

HANG ON !!!!!!!!!

I thought you were a rough and ready sort of a guy ?? Wildcamping, eating snails, back to nature sort of stuff..

CARAVAN CLUB CAMPSITE INDEED... :Doh:

:Rofl1::Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  7. darklord

darklord Read Only Funster

:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

8. Bushtrekker

Under normal circumstances I wouldn't have paid it

But after a drive from hell through lanes being directed by a satnav which must have been designed for cyclists, not 7 feet wide motorhomes, I just wanted to stop. If the heating was working we would have stayed on the car park at Tintagel which has marked motorhome bays at £3 per night. As my wife is not the hardiest of souls we ended up on the Caravan Club site.

9. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

£29 was, presumably, non-member rate. Somewhat cheaper if one is a member.

These days we normally use CLs/CSs or C&CC THSs but are shortly going to use a CC site as it happens to offer the best value/convenience for the time & place.

As with anything else, we can choose who to buy from and, just as importantly, who to reject. As pointed out in a previous post, the CC charges what they judge to be the market rate for the facilities offered. If they get it wrong they won't get bookings - but they do currently so it seems they have it right.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Bushtrekker

On my first visit I was not impressed.

I couldn't fault the facilities, but they were not better than other sites where I've paid a lot less. I was not amused this morning after waiting for the rain to subside and walk for ten minutes to reach the only toilet and shower block, to be informed in a not very polite manner by a cleaner that the showers were closed for cleaning from 10.30 to 12.00. She said I should have read the sign on the door, which I hadn't seen because it had started raining again and my glasses were wet. I also felt that having paid rip off prices they could have at least made sure that everything I had paid for was available.

As for being able to choose, I agree, but in this case I had driven across Cornwall on the recommendation of someone on another site, so it was too late to find somewhere else last night.

11. Techno

They always close the bogs after you've emptied your toilet and ready to leave. No one arriving after 12 is immediately going to want the toilets are they.
    Stuck in their poorly thought out ways :Doh:

12. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

Oh dear! As someone else said we all thought you were the type to eat beetles n stuff like a native.

Truth is your glasses steam up. Not cool:Rofl1:

13. Bushtrekker

This time I was with my wife.

I haven't had a minute all week and have had to use sites because my wife's idea of warm and mine are entirely different. When I manage to escape by myself I'll be eating a lot of wild food.

14. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

LOL !! Sorry.. should not laugh but during my run in and subsequent blackballing from the CC , they assured me they NEVER send out spam mail..

I triad all sorts to get it stopped and eventually they told me I was no longer welcome as a meber due to my multiple complaints of a vociferous nature about non existent emails I was accusing them of sending

CC are NOT my favourite people for so many many reasons

15. bigfoot

bigfoot Funster

I have been a member of both clubs since 1981 the benefit to me is the sites guides.
    Both the CC and C&CC clubs sites are taking the p*** with their fees,more so the 'keep the aspidistra flying' attitude. They have called the wardens 'holiday managers' but their rules makes them still 'warders'. Why do they have to close the bathrooms in the morning when everyone is getting ready to go out? Do it in the afternoon when people are out.
    Apart from treating motorhomers as second class campers,but according to local planning laws, especially in National Parks, Motorhomes are more welcome than caravans.
    My recent mistake was meeting some friends on a club site because my friends partner wanted to shower each morning,or so they thought, so crowded that they were rushed by the cleaning staff when they did get in!
    I have never met one of the 'Grandees' of either club when on a site,do they camp?
    I prefer CL/CSs especially as they clean the washrooms at more convenient times especially on farm sites.
    The ratio of campers to washrooms is better on CLs etc.
    The experience on these small sites is pleasant and interesting,some provide homemade produce even home baking. One we have used provides a tray of home made cakes and a pot of tea when you arrive. Some small site owners become like friends and family.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Snitrats

Snitrats Funster

Do we now send all the complaints to you now as the new owner:Rofl1:

17. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

If that is the case then Bushtrekker can apply for a special post code that deals with bulk mail !! :Doh::Rofl1:

18. Janine

Janine Funster Life Member

I would think that the loos are closed for cleaning (by the wardens) late morning as the wardens will be busy processing new arrivals in the afternoon.

I'd rather time my shower just right, than wait for half an hour to check in.

• Like Like x 1
  19. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Every time we have been to a CC site we have been given a leaflet which (amongst other items) details the times the shower blocks will be closed. Notices are also posted on the blocks themselves. It isn't as if the closures are sprung upon anyone.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Techno

I think the argument is that the time is bad timing. In fact the problem is they close it COMPLETELY is that really necessary? perhaps at least leave one trap open lol