LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Great attitude, hope it's all temporary and that you are up and about shortly.

Wish we were going to Bristol though this weekend as it appears there may now be a glut of G&T we could help with.

There maybe spaces(y)

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Get well soon ......I know how you feel Dawn I get numbness and pins and needles in my legs with my MS but it passes.
It's all too easy for us women to ignore our health problems but in reality we shouldn't so glad you saw your Gp and you are getting sorted.
Keep on laughing girl:roflmto: it's the best medicine;)
image.jpg

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Oo Err Mrs Mousy, get well soon.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Hope the outcome is good and that you are on the mend soon(y) stay positive.
Brian & Jo

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Don't give me the old chestnut 'I'm ill' - you've really just thought of a way out of helping me cajole/tempt with chocolate/drag @Debs over the bridge haven't you! Will send a photo of the bunjie jump we've organised for her (whoops - the secrets out!). :doh:

Seriously though Dawn, We will all miss you at Bristol, us especially, keep your chin up and don't let that brilliant sense of humour dim at any time. I will be sending photos so you don't miss a thing!!! :)

For the very first time ever, I will be transporting gin, ice and toxic in my van to be consumed at Bristol and now you tell me you won't be there. How bloody inconsiderate

Get well soon Dawn(y)
You will be missed:cry:
(maybe):LOL:

It won't be wasted Phil, I is a gin and toxic girl too!

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Lots of photos of bright balloons will be cheery, pics of slightly tipsy Funsters less so... Only cos it will make me jealous. :rofl:

I've told them I'm too busy having fun to lay around in a hospital bed but they're not listening:cry:

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks I've vowed when I get the feeling back in my legs I'm getting fit, using my bike and tackling some of hills you've done in your blog, might even do your 30 day challenge!

Stop tittering in the back those that know me..

#new leaf #fresh start #wake up call.

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
If the BED has got decent wheels we can hook it onto the back of the MOHO that will turn some heads on the Motorway:LOL::LOL::LOL:

But seriously get well soon Dawn(y)

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Cricky Dawn, you do pick your moments, could have waited for the winter!

I hope the doctors get is sorted and your are back on the road again very soon.

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Well I'm keeping you company! My back went into spasm on Sunday, my O.H was in the garage so I spent half an hour on the floor between bed and wardrobe with two dogs licking my face wondering what new game I was playing.

G.P was called Monday as I didn't want anyone trying to move me on Sunday, O.H did manage to get me into bed though. As yet I'm just on Co.Codamol +paracetamol, so I can move about, I couldn't walk unaided until yesterday, I have been given some exercises to do, X-rays or M.R.I will only be done if no better after two weeks.

I wanted to join my youngest son and wife in Lincolnshire next week ! The van is all ready to go! So I'm going to be really pd off if I can't get mobile very soon.

Hope you are starting to recover.
Things could be worse I'm just looking at headlines of Cilla who is the same age as me R.I.P. Pet .

Bowen therapy might just get you back on your feet. Give it a go. Some therapists will come to you if necessary.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Oh heck Dawn only just seen this, sending our best wishes, I bet the other patients in the ward are enjoying your company but we need you back in your motorhome soon. xx

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Is it curable @Mousy ?

Not an easy question to answer @Chris. From what I can understand in the crash course I've taken this week it's a game of 3 halves.

There is the symptoms I've got (numbness from toes to waist) and what's causing it.

Apparently with the myelitis you fall into one of 3 groups, it gets better, stays the same or gets worse. I'm being positive and I'll be in the "gets better camp".

All the tests are trying to find the cause and it seems there are loads of things it can be from a virus to MS or another neurological condition.

So find the cause then look at treatment.

Bet you wished you didn't ask now. Even I found that boring!

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
View attachment 71504

Must have done something wrong I appear to have been put on short rations,.
Someone has told them your forum name, so they are feeding you appropriately. :D

What is that - a mouse sized portion of macaroni cheese?

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
00063ec3ab87929aceb35ebdbff5873b.jpg

Sorry to hear you're not well. I don't really do flowers but I'm hoping something in this picture (courtesy of Pinterest) will perk you up ;)

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Have been thinking about you on and off all afternoon. Looked up your illness and - Wow! You got yourself a humdinger of a illness there didn't you.

You WILL be in the 'Get Better Camp' you will NOT be in there long (or we will get a jail break team together) and we will see you in a field somewhere soon , OK? :nod:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back