I've gone and done it!!!

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Southampton, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Southampton

Southampton Funster Life Member

It is getting close to retirement, only 3 more months to go. Anyway, have been looking at upgrading my MH ready to set off into the sunset down the great tarmac highway and have gone and ordered a new 2013 model Autotrail Commanche. It was a toss up between the KonTiki or the Commanche and whilst comparing both at the Shepton show the Commanche took it. It ticks all our boxes.

I would like to get my wife on a driving/manoeuvring course before letting her loose behind the wheel but not having any joy finding one at the moment. The other thing that I keep wondering about is the levelling of a TAG, especially side to side. all good exciting things.

Can't wait to get my hands on it, oh I have gone for the 180 3 litre Auto. Impulsive or what! As they say, in for a penny, in for a pound. But you can't take it with you. Exciting times indeed.

• Like Like x 1
  2. sedge

sedge Funster

Well if you aren't a member of the CC or the C&CC, cos they run courses - then howsabout a driving school that does lessons for van/truck drivers?

3. Southampton

Thanks Jenny, have just sent email to the C&CC to ask about dates and venues after November. Thanks for the info.

4. spitfire

spitfire Funster

I've gone and done it !!

Well Southampton is that not a bit sexist !! :BigGrin: unless you were an hgv driver how about your course :Rofl1:
    I drive our 8 metre Hobby ,no course ! Maybe my hubby is brave or stupid :Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Southampton

Hi Spitfire, not sexist just lazy! We can then share the driving without getting stressed!! our current van is 8 metre and she will only drive it on motorways so I think a course will give us both more confidence. I may well join her as well, it would not do any harm and from what I have read there is always something new to learn.

• Like Like x 1
  6. spitfire

spitfire Funster

Was just joking cos as you can see I live in France and am a member of ACCCF ( French camping car club) the men are very amazed that a female drives !!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

My wife always parks ours.

I am not very good with mirrors:Doh:

8. Southampton

I do the reversing but, It's the hand signals I don't understand, she only has one signal, flapping horizontally across her body, apparently it means go that way?!!? Oh! and stop, you've hit the tree. It is always a source of amusement how we get parked. (hope she doesn't read this).

9. spitfire

spitfire Funster

Oh boy you are brave !! My reversing is not up to scratch so a trip to leclerc car park on a Sunday s on the cards !!!

• Like Like x 1