Its worth a phone call

Discussion in 'Motorhome Insurance General Discussion' started by iandsm, Feb 24, 2016.

1. iandsm

iandsm Funster

Just received my renewal From Saga, they had put up my insurance for our A class by £65 on top of last years premium. to around £316. I phoned them to have a moan and got a mealy mouthed excuse it was because of an increase in insurance tax and because insurance had gone up generally.

So back to the Caravan Club, exactly the same cover and £204, Yes £204. Saga said they couldn't get near that figure.

A couple of phone calls saved me quite a lot so if you have a renewal my advice is not to allow your insurer to renew automatically as they would like to do but make a phone call or two.

• Like Like x 6
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. MH 55 FUN

MH 55 FUN Funster

Agreed & good advice too - we always shop around at renewal time & have never yet failed to get a cheaper quote for the same or better cover :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. stevec

stevec Funster

A friend of ours alternates between Saga and the Caravan Club. Saga one year, CC the next as they always put up the premium for old members but offer good rates for new ones.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Kool Kroozer

Kool Kroozer Funster

Its always worth shopping around every year, it seems that insurance companies offer low deals to reel you in then stick it to you the following year - you would be surprised how many people just cant be bothered to shop around and just pay the renewel price every year.

5. rangitira

rangitira Funster

Ours with Cornish Mutual went up nearly £100.
    Then they had the cheek to phone us up, and ask why we hadn't renewed with them