Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
A damn site more no doubt. :winky:

Regards,

Jock.

Jock, I've been watching your fabulous avatar since Sep-Oct last year and all I can think now is....................

.............................Insatiable :Blush: :cry: I want some.........Griff

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Jock, I've been watching your fabulous avatar since Sep-Oct last year and all I can think now is...............................................Insatiable :Blush: :cry: I want some.........Griff
And that's without ever setting eyes on the "lovely Rita". :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It's amazing what thoughts and perceptions folks can conjure up, having only witnessed a "kiss and a cuddle", albeit animated. :roflmto:

Cheers,

Jock.

P.S. It's been ongoing for many a year Popeye. :roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
And that's without ever setting eyes on the "lovely Rita". :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
It's amazing what thoughts and perceptions folks can conjure up, having only witnessed a "kiss and a cuddle", albeit animated. :roflmto:
Cheers,Jock.

P.S. It's been [HI]ongoing for many a year Popeye[/HI]. :roflmto:

Have you got a spare fire-fighters uniform I could borrow, you bad boy..

...............even my secretary has a calender with a fire-fighter posing on the cover.:thumb:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Good advice Chris.:thumb:

One would hope that diesel purchased in Alpine France would be OK for the job in hand. In the Army, Kero was used as an anti waxing agent.

A bit of research on the French filling station websites might be called for! It'll be a bit chilly if our Webasto packs up due to waxed diesel!!!:Eeek:
as paul said the diesel you buy at the base of the mountain will have all the additives it needs to stop waxing:thumb:but the bit about water in filters still stand's,no amount of additives will stop water freezeing:Smile:
as for your webasto heater,great bit's of kit better than most gas heating:thumb:
if you do for any unforseen reason suffer with waxing, pour warm water over your fuel filter/filters:thumb:
and all of you going on this trip have a great time:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Ash

Trader - Service & Repairs
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2007
Chapel st Leonard's. Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
well, motorhome all packed skis in:thumb: cannot wait now three more sleeps to go then we on the way to the ski slops with lots of funsters eleven van..:thumb::thumb: the french will not no whats hit them...:Cool:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Just watched Ski Sunday picked up a few tips :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Pick up the skis tomorrow, vans all packed ready to go except for water.

Leave Tuesday lunchtime catch train early Weds morning can't wait :thumb::thumb:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
You Lucky, Lucky B"*^!£rds!

We won't be there until Sunday Afternoon!:cry:

Thanks to the snow, we had a bit of practice here in Norfolk today! Alpine skiing in Norfolk, who would have thought it!:roflmto:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Just watched Ski Sunday picked up a few tips :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Pick up the skis tomorrow, vans all packed ready to go except for water.

Leave Tuesday lunchtime catch train early Weds morning can't wait :thumb::thumb:

I hope we don't need those monks to read the last rites if we have a fall when skiing!!!:roflmto:

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
got a good mate in la tania ,and he is so boyant hes been there7 weeks as he winters there, he instructs and lives in the m/h ,said to day some trouble [ break ins ] and a sat dish has gone off another van ,how i dont know ,but it was while they were ski ing

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
well, motorhome all packed skis in:thumb: cannot wait now three more sleeps to go then we on the way to the ski slops with lots of funsters eleven van..:thumb::thumb: the french will not no whats hit them...:Cool:
Packing ours on Tuesday :thumb::thumb::thumb:
Clothes all sorted and laid out on bed - just got to sort out swimming costume for the spa - think i'll be spending a lot of time in there (may have to get weekly pass LOL)
Just cooking some meals to freeze & take with us.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006

LOL! You should try training for alpine skiing in deepest Norfolk!!!!!!::bigsmile:

They say practice makes perfect, I hope the fellow Skiing Funsters can prepare themselves for a wonderful display of imperfection on the green slopes due to our lack of practice!:ROFLMAO:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
You Lucky, Lucky B"*^!£rds!

We won't be there until Sunday Afternoon!:cry:

Thanks to the snow, we had a bit of practice here in Norfolk today! Alpine skiing in Norfolk, who would have thought it!:roflmto:

Sunday Afternoon :Eeek I'll have had enough skiing by then I'll be in the bar getting stuck into a nice cold Guiness ::bigsmile:

Jan just said no I won't I'll be cooking Sunday dinner.

Oh guys don't forget its Valentines day while we're away

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Yep the Haganaps are ready :thumb:

Went to the chill factor on Thursday night where I had a big crash doing the Box grind :Sad: swollen thumb smashed Iphone and a massive dent in EGO.:cry:

Still great fun and all me kit working good. George has had a crash jumping off a ski jump and practicing jumping higher than a motorhome for some reason, Great crash but he's ok :Cool:

Weather looks like more snow on day of arrival and very cold, but that's what happens when you go skiing... Be no good warm and dry :Doh:

Got lots of gas, plenty of food and me snow chains in easy reach........

See you on the road, will be leaving Wednesday morning..:thumb::thumb:

You should all have the aires if you wanna meet, if not see you in resort,

And, Jon and Shell, plenty of time to throw a family sickie :RollEyes:

So, make sure your all ready and see you all real soon......:thumb:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Yep the Haganaps are ready :thumb:

Went to the chill factor on Thursday night where I had a big crash doing the Box grind :Sad: swollen thumb smashed Iphone and a massive dent in EGO.:cry:

Still great fun and all me kit working good. George has had a crash jumping off a ski jump and practicing jumping higher than a motorhome for some reason, Great crash but he's ok :Cool:

Weather looks like more snow on day of arrival and very cold, but that's what happens when you go skiing... Be no good warm and dry :Doh:

Got lots of gas, plenty of food and me snow chains in easy reach........

See you on the road, will be leaving Wednesday morning..:thumb::thumb:

You should all have the aires if you wanna meet, if not see you in resort,

And, Jon and Shell, plenty of time to throw a family sickie :RollEyes:

So, make sure your all ready and see you all real soon......:thumb:

Where you staying Wednesday night ??

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Hi Rory we are staying at Bellicourt aire, about 2 hours from Calais on the toll about 3 hours non toll.:thumb:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi Rory we are staying at Bellicourt aire, about 2 hours from Calais on the toll about 3 hours non toll.:thumb:

Ok we're hoping to get the other side of Troyes 1st night looks to be a nice Aire next to a lake Geraudot, depends how we feel and what progress we make. gives us a nice steady run to Annecy the following day.

Strange planning 2 days to get there we used to catch the midnight ferry and arrive midday when we took the car, bloody knackered mind you but a lot younger as well.

MONSI

Free Member
Sep 3, 2007
stalybridge manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Van all packed meals prepared n froze a little bit
More food shopping tomorrow then we setting of Monday
After time ready for the crossing Tuesday morning
Let the holiday begin
See you all there
::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
Lisa & brian

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Ok we're hoping to get the other side of Troyes 1st night looks to be a nice Aire next to a lake Geraudot, depends how we feel and what progress we make. gives us a nice steady run to Annecy the following day.

Strange planning 2 days to get there we used to catch the midnight ferry and arrive midday when we took the car, bloody knackered mind you but a lot younger as well.

to true Rory

When we lived down south, it was 1.5 hours to Dover, hop on ferry, see you anywhere by the end of the day...

Now in the van, its 5.5- 6 hrs to Dover, ferry crossing, whole up somewhere and then a nice 50-60 mph drive to where we're off.:Blush:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Driving in Ice & Snow

Some handy tips on safety when heading to the Alpine hills in winter, with useful information and links to essential weather and snow report websites.
Winter driving in the mountains of France - particularly the French Alpine regions and the Pyrénées - can involve snow and ice conditions. As well as preparing for a mountain or ski trip, it is worth remembering that a vehicle will also be affected by the cold and snow and should be well-prepared.

Precautions to be Taken
Even if there is no snow on the road be aware of the temperatures, black ice can linger all day in sheltered places, causing hazardous driving conditions. If the temperature is below freezing ice may melt if it is exposed to the sun, and vice versa, ice that is not exposed to the sun will not melt even though the temperature may be above freezing
Plan the route and check the weather before you leave. Many of the high mountain passes, cols, will be closed during bad weather.
Alpine roads website (English)
Pyrénées traffic website (French)
Also check for wind, many cols are in exposed areas and wind can blow enough snow across the road to close the route without it actually snowing
Try to keep the fuel tank full; if a road is closed and a diversion is necessary this can be a lengthy extension to the trip
For prolonged stays in the mountains it is recommended that the vehicle be fitted with snow tyres, most major garages can do this. Snow tyres are specially adapted with a thicker tread and improved performance in cold conditions. Take professional advise about fitting procedures
If you are driving in the mountains in the winter it is obligatory to carry snow chains in the vehicle. Chains are relatively inexpensive but are invaluable if you are caught in bad weather. Be aware that they are generally much more expensive if bought at a resort. Before the trip, read the instructions and do a trial run of putting them on. Snow chains are rarely required on warm dry pleasant days in well-populated areas; it is usually dark, cold and in the middle of nowhere. Keep a pair of gloves with the chains; hands get cold very quickly
Always reduce your speed in bad weather and use a low gear when heading downhill, this is to avoid skidding which can happen when using the brakes
Saturdays are generally "change-over" days in France; this is the time when huge numbers of people are moved up and down the mountain roads, in and out of the resorts. Hundreds of cars coaches and camper vans will be using the road and even in good conditions accidents and congestion can occur
The periods when skiing areas are at their busiest are Christmas, New Year, February and Easter. Weekend traffic during these periods is usually on a red alert in the skiing areas and major motorway junctions, particularly around Lyon, Grenoble, Albertville and Geneva are all prone to problems
The French system is to grade the severity of the traffic:

fine traffic conditions busy conditions severe conditions
Traffic Info website (French)
Most resorts have a single road in and out so if there is a problem the traffic will build up very quickly
Once you have arrived at the resort, try to park indoors if possible. If not, park facing downhill leaving the car in gear and with the handbrake off (it can freeze)
Lift windscreen wipers away from the window
Remember where it was parked, a car is not easy to identify under a metre of snow

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Right, time to start packing up the van. A bit different to most as this is the first time we have been away in it so am starting more or less from scratch. have loads of lists :Eeek: but I'm sure we will forget somethings.
Luckilly we will be with loads of Funsters who will be able to help us out:thumb:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Have a safe trip guys, :thumb: we would love to come with you :winky: but it's the wrong time of the year for us. :roflmto: Bet it feels like winter should, unlike here in Spain. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: See you in the spring. :thumb: Bob and Jane.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Right, time to start packing up the van. A bit different to most as this is the first time we have been away in it so am starting more or less from scratch. have loads of lists :Eeek: but I'm sure we will forget somethings.
Luckilly we will be with loads of Funsters who will be able to help us out:thumb:

Lists are good, mark off then as you pack or place in the van, I normally start by loading the dining table with stuff a week before , any other / special weather clothes in a suitcase ready to cart out as norm leave some clothes in the van anyway, but for skiing obviously specialized clothing

How are you travelling over by / when ?

Have a safe journey

Kath

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
We are on 7pm ferry tomorrow night, staying on an aires neazr calais then one just before annecy then off to slopes on fri.
See you there!!

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Don't worry Jackie and Tony...

Im sure you will have all you need. Just bring Whiskey :winky:

See you tomorrow night, just given the van a quick clean so all is ready to go...

Just gotta drop the Dog at the Prison, Eat dinner tomorrow and then we are on our way...:thumb:

Enjoy those toll roads Ash, :Cool:

Nothing like hammering on to get a bit more practice in, expect to see you at the snow park by the time we get there. :thumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Have a good trip, and a wonderful time, as funsters that is a given, let us have some pictures sounds great.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Don't worry Jackie and Tony...

Im sure you will have all you need. Just bring Whiskey :winky:

See you tomorrow night, just given the van a quick clean so all is ready to go...

Just gotta drop the Dog at the Prison, Eat dinner tomorrow and then we are on our way...:thumb:

Enjoy those toll roads Ash, :Cool:

Nothing like hammering on to get a bit more practice in, expect to see you at the snow park by the time we get there. :thumb:

Safe journey Paul and others...

Ash needs to practice :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: ( only teasing Steve)

He is a good skier loads of fun and encourages others that they can do it !

And that he only shows the good bits of video that he takes :pray: :pray: :pray:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back