LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
You will do fine, it will be a blast, I had bright pink salopettes It was only me that was aware of them(i think as nobody laughed)
c u soon xx

that's what you think ... Should of seen the kids at night ... Rolling on the floor :ROFLMAO: there socks off .... Now get that ferry changed and meet us on the Wednesday :thumb:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
that's what you think ... Should of seen the kids at night ... Rolling on the floor :ROFLMAO: there socks off .... Now get that ferry changed and meet us on the Wednesday :thumb:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:shucks and i thought I got away with them

Ash

Trader - Service & Repairs
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2007
Chapel st Leonard's. Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Well Jim, you said you and sian were coming skiing this year :Cool: so where are your names on the list :thumb: are you all talk:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Yes Ash we witnessed that comment too that they would do the haggars meet this season, Katie would have company as Kirsty is going also a similar age I believe

So come on Jim and Sian you know you would love to :thumb::thumb:​

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
In case I forgot to mention to those coming....

Ther eis a fantastic sports resort with pool sauna's steam rooms, foot massage, whirl pool etc etc, so don't forget your trunks, they won't let you in in Jeans.:thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Ok just letting you know that time is running out. Can't wait 1o vans in the snow on a Motorhome fun foreign meet yippee :Smile: oh bliss

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
You forgot to mention the 6km toboggan run and the fact that ALDI have some warm ski clothing still in stock and going for a song!!!!!!!

That'll stir up some interest!:roflmto:

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
You will all be very relieved to hear that I have been able to get a pair of black salopettes the right length so the flourescent pink ones have been returned to TK Max :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Do we need to bring our own taboggan?
Jacky

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
In case I forgot to mention to those coming....

Ther eis a fantastic sports resort with pool sauna's steam rooms, foot massage, whirl pool etc etc, so don't forget your trunks, they won't let you in in Jeans.:thumb::thumb:

Shell asks if they have a hairdryer to avoid sneaking around in the dark and plugging into your gennie!!!!::bigsmile:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
You will all be very relieved to hear that I have been able to get a pair of black salopettes the right length so the flourescent pink ones have been returned to TK Max :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Jacky

Don't worry, it's included in the toboggan run price along with the cable car and obligatory helmet!:Smile:

Good result on the Salopette front though!

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Jacky

Oh Jaygee , nought wrong with the pink salopette's ..it was only mine were way too big in the leg for me very baggy, ..they wear the brightest and mixed patterns possible x
It is how they feel on you, comfort is the utmost important factor, with mine I felt most uncomfortable x

wahoo not long now x

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Yer P, were coming, just don't know if were leaving on the 8th or 10th as yet! Oh whats the link to book the parking???????????

Hey thats great news be good to catch up, not sure about 2 Jans on the same trip though:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

C.L.S

Trader - Service & Repairs
Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
Here you go mate :

See you on the ice or the Piste :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

MONSI

Free Member
Sep 3, 2007
stalybridge manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Woop woop not long now
Ifit helps anyone we can't ski either
We went to chill factor for a lesson I ended up more times
On my bottom than on the skis lol
It's going to be great fun
Lisa

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Got this one fresh in from the Chill factor Slope CCTV

This is Brian in action..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLuNEG-xYaA[/ame]

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Can't wait to see the motorhome fun version:roflmto::roflmto:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VvUREpiP1E&feature=related[/ame]

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Been debating wether to put an extra bottle of gas in. Guess its a no brainer now I'll put 2 in. :thumb:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
minus 28 thats cold:Eeek:
if you have water traps on your diesel fuel system,be sure to clear them out,or if you have a bleed valve on the bottom of the fuel filter,run a bit out to clear any water in your filter,diesel will start to wax at minus 9.5 so minus 28 is way below the waxing point of diesel,might be worth concidering an additive,:thumb:
edit
Broken Link Removed

Last edited:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Good advice Chris.:thumb:

One would hope that diesel purchased in Alpine France would be OK for the job in hand. In the Army, Kero was used as an anti waxing agent.

A bit of research on the French filling station websites might be called for! It'll be a bit chilly if our Webasto packs up due to waxed diesel!!!:Eeek:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
minus 28 thats cold:Eeek:
if you have water traps on your diesel fuel system,be sure to clear them out,or if you have a bleed valve on the bottom of the fuel filter,run a bit out to clear any water in your filter,diesel will start to wax at minus 9.5 so minus 28 is way below the waxing point of diesel,might be worth concidering an additive,:thumb:
edit
Broken Link Removed

No need for any diesel adatives mate, In the Alps all diesel purchased is already done for you. Generally we fillup at the base of the mountain ensuring we get the fuel of the region. Seen it as low as that and never had any problems. Also remember that due to the height the sun is quite strong during the day. Lifting the bonnet and allowing the sun to heat the engine keeps it all working. About 6 years ago we had -27 and no problems other than a frozen outlet pipe. :Cool:

Deffinately extra Gas is required. we have 3 large bottles and look at using a bottle every 3 days, not sure what the swift is going to use though, could be off teh mountain by Monday and off elsewhere to get gas, or checking in to a Hotel. :roflmto:

anyhow just checked a few more reliable weather sites and seeing temps around the -9 mark which is more realistic and if it is that cold its only because the suns been out all day :thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back