It's flamin' happened again!! (1 Viewer)

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
that really is bad luck
mind if you want a new car also just park it there tonight and tomorrow.........:Doh:

but seriously be careful in the car as they say these things come in 3's or maybe 6's if your really down on luck.

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Wow sorry to hear that, mind you there was so much black Ice round this morning :whatthe: many people..........Just a word of warning they are retarmacing your oad this week road roller side ? :ROFLMAO: might just help out.......good luck with getting sorted.

All the best Rick.

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Can you not park the van at 90 degrees to its current location and leave it there for a couple of days, that way both sides will get hit and you can get a nice new shiney van on someone elses insurance :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Double whammy but don't forget you should be able to claim for a hire van whilst they either argue the toss or get it repaired.

Could be looking at £500 plus a week and that should encourage them to get fingers out!

Peter

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Sorry to hear that...........one day you are going to have a great story to tell

but not today:Angry:

Hope it gets sorted fast

and have a good Christmas

barry:Smile:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Graham & Jill, what can I say will take some getting your head around, you will have to put your cool calculating hat on and work out whats best for you, the stress and strain you could so do without any time never mind Christmas.

Stay strong thing's can only get better. Love to you both.
A large glass of something strong will be waiting in our van for when you when you are back on your wheels.

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Sat in the house just before 8am.

Bang, alarm going off.

A woman who lives down the road had lost control of her car and gone into the front of our van. So, that's it clobbered at the back and the front now. Bloomin' marvellous.
I am glad i do not live where you live
they say it comes in threes .... what else is going to happen now ?

SilverF1

Free Member
Nov 14, 2010
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
7 years and upwards
Can only wish that you get the claims sorted quickly and as others have said, you can look back later with a smile.

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Graham, if it weren't serious....
Even Shifty couldn't write this!
Bad luck comes in threes, so take prior advice and break something sharpish.

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Just to make up the set I've decided that the two van collisions were numbers 2 & 3, not 1 & 2.

We decided to get our soffits, facias and gutters replaced but when they were removed found that birds had caused a lot of damage to the existing felt so we decided to bring forward having the roof replaced from next year to this. If we hadn't been having the work done we wouldn't have had to move the van off the drive. So, that can count as number 1 and nothing else is due to go wrong ::bigsmile:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Unbelievable! What a time for it to happen too, but is any time the right time? Can't wait to see your new van. Have a lovely Christmas anyway. At least your passport wasn't damaged Graham. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Just to make up the set I've decided that the two van collisions were numbers 2 & 3, not 1 & 2.

We decided to get our soffits, facias and gutters replaced but when they were removed found that birds had caused a lot of damage to the existing felt so we decided to bring forward having the roof replaced from next year to this. If we hadn't been having the work done we wouldn't have had to move the van off the drive. So, that can count as number 1 and nothing else is due to go wrong ::bigsmile:

Favourite Xmas songs, Graham:

Fiddler on the roof

or

Hold it, crash band wallop?

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
hope you told the insurance that you were going to zahora in the new year graham and if they haven't got it sorted by the 6th of jan you want a hire van for the 3 months you are going for.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::thumb:

Gran & Rog

Free Member
Apr 17, 2011
Lofthouse, Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Eight years
goodness so sorry to hear this news do hope your troubles have finished now that you have had 2 & 3.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
B.H!!! I know how you feel. Few weeks before I left Cyprus a builder reversed into the side of my car, paid to have it fixed.
10 days later I went into Larnaca to say bye to some friends and a woman took the side almost off my car (she never thought to stop when she first hit it but carried on!) The repair guy's face was a picture when he got my car back to repair the same side again.

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
unbelievable

bet you were looking round for the camera sounds like acandid camera stunt hope you get a nice new van though you couldnt make this up

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back