It's all kicking off in France!! (1 Viewer)

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Finally made a visit to Brittany, normally we have driven south and bypassed it. We were on the Loire but a caravan club rally rolled onto site yesterday, so moved north. On a site in Carnac only 1 other van on site......

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
We have spent 3 nights at a lovely ACSI site at Les Mathes with the biggest and best shower cubicles I have ever seen :thumb: it's called La Polombiére. Tomorrow we are going to stay at the Aire at La Palmyre before moving to the Aire at Soujon near Royan for a couple of nights. Hardly seen any English let alone Funsters:Doh:

Boater

Free Member
Oct 6, 2010
Bridgend s.wales
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
The Drips will be at La Rochelle tomorrow staying about 1 week. Any of you funsters already there recommend a site to enjoy our last bottle of Baileys? The Boaters are on route so you better be quick.

Hi we are leaving honfleur (fantastic place) tomorrow (Monday) stoping at mont st Michael for two nights any campsite recommendations so will be down in La Rochelle wednesday:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Oui ! St Marc sur Mer was where 'e 'ad 'is 'oliday !

Did you visit Ste Marguerite and the Aire ?

We stayed on the aire at St Marc and I cycled into Ste Marguerite.
Carolyn was disappointed to find that the house opposite the hotel where the tennis lady stayed was just a bit of scenery built for the film :ROFLMAO:

Mike

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I wandered lonely as a (French) cloud.

Staying in Sarlat for a couple of days. Just saw a British registered van drive into the aire and back out again. Was it something I was going to say?:winky:

Where is everyone else?:Smile:

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Staying in Sarlat for a couple of days. Just saw a British registered van drive into the aire and back out again. Was it something I was going to say?:winky:

Where is everyone else?:Smile:

yeah sorry about that, thought you hadn't noticed me :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

We stayed in Sarlat last year and loved it. Beautiful medieval buildings and some good hills to test my cycling ability!! We are now at the Aire at Mortagne sur Gironde. Working our way down to Bordeaux and the Dune Pilat. There are 3 English vans here and I have already given one all the details on Motorhome Fun so hopefully another new member soon. :thumb: where are you heading after Sarlat?

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I was at Mortagne sur Gironde a couple of weeks ago. It was raining so not that pretty:whatthe:

I'm hoping to go to Rocamadour for a couple of days (thursday), Cahors, Montauban, Gorges de l'Aveyron (Cordes) followed by Albi.........that's plan so far. I must be at Le Mans for 3rd July.

ps - it definately wasn't you - insufficient number of wheels:whatthe:

Where are John & Ang? I owe them a :drink::thumb:

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
just done the maths and with at least 160 vans now here that probably means there are at least 320 people here discounting the kids I have seen so with only 3 showers I am glad we are leaving in the morning :ROFLMAO: It's definitely time to move on :roflmto: For future reference though it is a lovely site when it isn't a bank holiday and excellent location for cycling the island :thumb:

I thought motorhoming was about being independent.
We use our own shower. It's clean, the water is hot and we know who's been in it!:winky:
Mike and Annie:Cool:

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
I thought motorhoming was about being independent.
We use our own shower. It's clean, the water is hot and we know who's been in it!:winky:
Mike and Annie:Cool:

That was our plan until the shower floor developed a hairline crack :Doh: when our friend arrives with his mastic at the end of June we can effect a temporary repair until we get back to the UK to get it sorted properly. :thumb:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Woke up this morn to showers and high winds ! So,decided to leave St Denis aire on Isle d'oleron and go to a campsite at Dolus-d'Oleron.Nice little site,sheltered pitch,good Wi-Fi.
Beach opposite,but,3k to nearest town-will be fine to cycle if /when wind drops :ROFLMAO:

Mike

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Been raining on and off all day here in Tuffe (Near Le Mans). Can anyone tell me when summer is going to arrive or where I can go to find it:thumb:

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Showery in Brittany but moved to sun in Normandy. Lots going on with the D Day celebrations. €14 with ehu, pool, free wifi on acsi card.No price increases despite the demands for pitches.

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Woke up this morn to showers and high winds ! So,decided to leave St Denis aire on Isle d'oleron and go to a campsite at Dolus-d'Oleron.Nice little site,sheltered pitch,good Wi-Fi.
Beach opposite,but,3k to nearest town-will be fine to cycle if /when wind drops :ROFLMAO:

Mike

But we ended up on wrong site :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
In ACSI book we chose a site and entered co-ords :thumb: arrived at site 'Camping Ostrea'
Sat Nav said we were there.Booked in,set up,and went for a walk.We got outside gate and saw another gate signed 'Ostrea Camping' oops. Two sites,next to each other but only the one in ACSI book.
Friends travelling with us txt to say they were on site,where were we ? :ROFLMAO:
We move in Morn ::bigsmile:

Mike

DAVWOD

Free Member
Sep 23, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Bavaria
Exp
6 years
We are currently parked on a very large aire at Saint-Denis D'Oleron. It is a former campsite so has spaces for 160 vans and there is a small shower block. There is EHU for every pitch and at €9 per night it's not too bad. When we arrived yesterday it was 75% full but as there is a bank holiday looming vans have been streaming in all day. It has gone from a lovely spacious site to looking like an overcrowded car park. Someone just tried to squeeze in the gap between us and our neighbour and what ensued was a very heated argument with lots of shouting and gesticulating which culminated in the new van moving off to find somewhere else to park. I should probably point out that the shouting and gesticulating was from our neighbour and not from Glynn!! :ROFLMAO: I am relieved that in the morning we will be heading to a campsite near Royen for a few days. :RollEyes:

P.S. where are all the Brits? We are the only English van here :whatthe:

Oh you missed us by two weeks coolbeanz having the time we have stopped at Bruge Yrpes, Maastricht, Cochem (Germany) Strasbourg Fr...then into the Alsace region .. nice biking area and guess what...No Brits!! Happy touring..:thumb:

rolyk

Free Member
Oct 20, 2007
South Glos
Funster No
MH
Warwick Duo
Exp
Since 2007
We have spent 3 nights at a lovely ACSI site at Les Mathes with the biggest and best shower cubicles I have ever seen :thumb: it's called La Polombiére. Tomorrow we are going to stay at the Aire at La Palmyre before moving to the Aire at Soujon near Royan for a couple of nights. Hardly seen any English let alone Funsters:Doh:

We are at the Soujon aire at the moment so must be following you down! Heading for the Dordogne and other half is scanning the books for our next stop. Maybe we'll catch up!

roly

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Been raining on and off all day here in Tuffe (Near Le Mans). Can anyone tell me when summer is going to arrive or where I can go to find it:thumb:

Rained solidly here (this morning) at Sarlat. Afternoon showery. Waiting for Meteo at 19:55 for update. Watch this space.

All forecasts delayed due to some tennis game going on somewhere:Doh:

Last edited:

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
We've been looking for the sun as we've only seen it sporadically for the past week. We'll be arriving at Parc Verger on Friday and we've ordered the sunshine for our arrival if anyone fancies joining us :Cool:

Wilbury

Free Member
Jun 5, 2014
Dorset
Funster No
MH
none at present
Exp
Never
At least two of the aires on Oleron are ex-campsites, There's another one next to the water park at Dolus d'Oleron.
Hi m,
Any chance of an exact location or name please so that I can pinpoint it.
Many Thanks

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
We are at the Soujon aire at the moment so must be following you down! Heading for the Dordogne and other half is scanning the books for our next stop. Maybe we'll catch up!

roly

That's a shame, because of the weather yesterday we didn't stop at Soujon but carried on to a France Passion vineyard at St Emilion. So close to meeting up with a fellow funster:Doh:
we drove to Audenge this morning and now on an ACSI site for a couple of days. We are going to cycle round to Cap Ferret before moving on to the Dune de Pilat for another couple of days. I need the breeze from the coast as it is so hot here that I am having to sit in the shade :Doh:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Its been 29°C here in Rocamadour today. Rather too hot to climb 216 steps to the sanctuary but it had to be done. Forecast is not so good for tomorrow but Sat & Sun look OK. Going on the Petit train at 21:15 for an evening tour of the town:thumb:

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Sat in the evening sun at Tuffe:thumb: Heading off in the morning for Durtal for the weekend hope the weather hold got everything crossed:ROFLMAO:

rolyk

Free Member
Oct 20, 2007
South Glos
Funster No
MH
Warwick Duo
Exp
Since 2007
That's a shame, because of the weather yesterday we didn't stop at Soujon but carried on to a France Passion vineyard at St Emilion. So close to meeting up with a fellow funster:Doh:
we drove to Audenge this morning and now on an ACSI site for a couple of days. We are going to cycle round to Cap Ferret before moving on to the Dune de Pilat for another couple of days. I need the breeze from the coast as it is so hot here that I am having to sit in the shade :Doh:

We're currently on the Aire at Meschers just south of Royan. Really nice next to the marina and five euros including electricity. Managed to get the last space at 11 this morning. Seven o clock now and still 23c and hotter tomorrow.

Thinking of going to the acsi site in Bergerac tomorrow.

Roly

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Forecast for Rocamadour region very sunny for next 6 days. Cloudy Friday 13th then mostly sunny for next 6 days. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Its been 29°C here in Rocamadour today. Rather too hot to climb 216 steps to the sanctuary but it had to be done. Forecast is not so good for tomorrow but Sat & Sun look OK. Going on the Petit train at 21:15 for an evening tour of the town:thumb:
one of our fav places.:thumb: went there after being in mimizan with you lot...got accosted by a bunch of aussies...that was an interesting evening::bigsmile:

btw...we walked there and back in 32c.....29c is naffink....:Smile:

are you on the campsite or have you found the aire...

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
one of our fav places.:thumb: went there after being in mimizan with you lot...got accosted by a bunch of aussies...that was an interesting evening::bigsmile:

btw...we walked there and back in 32c.....29c is naffink....:Smile:

are you on the campsite or have you found the aire...

32 degrees Young Bungy ...... you do have age on your side:Eeek:

I'm at Paradis Campeur (Le Hospitalet) €12.00 without EHU(€3.00), free good wifi, pool. Not a bad campsite at all. Filled up a lot since they knew I was 'ere::bigsmile:

I'll be back here again on the 21st June. Picking a mate up from Bergerac airport who wants to see Sarlat & Rocamadour town. :Cool:

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Was there last year, the canoe hire is a great day out if you do the 20k trip, take some refreshment in a cold bag and a bite to eat (not essential) we had 6hrs on the river fantastic.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back