It's about time for an introduction! (1 Viewer)

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
After lurking on here (and other forums) for about 3 months we picked up our gorgeous new Mondial today!

Thanks to Johns Cross for their patience (while we waited for the funds to arrive) and the advice and assistance while going throught the process of buying our very first motorhome.

My husband (Dave) and I both resigned from work last week and are lucky enough to be able to spend a year travelling from next April. So now it really is time to start planning our adventure :D

This site has given us so much great information and I am officially addicted, so I am sure I will have a million questions while we get used to our new home on wheels and use it at weekends until I finish work.

We have already received so much useful information from this site while lurking so thanks for everyone who contributes to make it so good.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Ven

Welcome toMHFun and congratulations on your purchase.:thumb:
As you are probably well aware, there are lots of friendly folk on here, any questions just ask away, I am sure someone will have the answer.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Welcome to the site, Ven? maybe should have been lurkalot, he hee. enjoy planning as much as the trip if that is your want, I prefer to set off not knowing where I will be tomorrow but luckily we are not all the same. I envy you your journey, good luck and savour every minute detail, film it photgraph it and blog it. Don't forget we also have a chatroom on here. See you there sometime
welcome.gif

Wildmanfirelogo4-1.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kickstart

Free Member
Dec 13, 2008
south yorkshire, Benidorm
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
4 years
welcome

Hi Ven, like yourself have lurked for a while and joined up and sent for our stickers and checklist book, can't wait to take our first trip out in our new (to us) Burstner T641 in a way wish I coud retire tommorow, but a few more years,best not wish my life away in the meantime look forward to meeting some of the fun people on this site on the road or at the meets in 2009. happy christmas everyone.

OP
OP
Ven

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks for the warm welcome.

I ordered my checklist some time ago and will be using that today to prepare the van for it's first trip to my parents for Christmas.

Lurking will be a thing of the past now, I will make an effort to post more now (if i've got anything useful to share at least :Smile:).

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Ven, Lurkings OK but its more fun if you are part of the fun, welcome to it:thumb:

J

jncrowe

Deleted User
mondial (rl)

hi ven
ive been a caravanner for years and have totally enjoyed every second ive spent in the van
it was seeing the mondial rear lounge version that started my interest in motorhomes
my husband is now keen to take the plunge
but he thinks we should go for something bigger maybe a dinette and fixed bed setup
I think its better to have one massive bed than two smaller ones
he says most people change their motorhome after a short time as they feel they have picked the wrong setup for their needs
but i feel having had several caravans we have enough experience to know our own minds
I would appreciate any advice on the matter
thanks
cath

OP
OP
Ven

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Cath,

I know what you mean, we were looking for a more traditional van and had not even heard of a PVC. Although it is our first van my parents have had a couple so we had a bit of knowledge of using them. We are quite impulsive by nature and after visiting only two dealers and looking at probably 12 vans we stumbled upon the Mondial and that was it.

Now when my Dad came to see the van he was worried about it being too small (I am not anywhere near a size 10 by the way!) and too dark inside. After 3 short trips away in it, we are very happy with it and it is definitely what we need for our plans. We are soon to go away for a year travelling Europe and Dave wanted something not too huge to manouver (sp?) and that would not limit where we could go too much either. I have to say I preferred the look of it to a lot of models in our price range as well.

The only negatives I would say are that electric may be an issue if you are not always on hook up (small battery and electric only fridge amongst other things), we have made an addition to solve this problem - we hope. Storage of course is alway a premium and with the amount we need to get in there the bedding has to be rolled, it travels on the back seat and we store it in the cab when we are settled (duvalays make this easy). The only other thing is the restriction to putting the drivers seat back, Dave is 5'10", if he was any taller it could have been an issue.

All of the above are far outweighed by the positives for us, it is a lovely van and very comfortable for lounging and sleeping and the fact we had the choice of whether to make up the bed or have two singles also appealed.

Also my parents current van is a front dinette with a rear fixed bed, they love it and it suits them, but for us we prefer the 6ft settees to lounge on rather than the shorter ones or the cab seats.

I've probably gone on enough now, hope I haven't sent you to sleep!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back