Free Member
Mar 15, 2010
weymouth sunny dorset
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2 but tugged for 10
I received an email from the hmrc stating that i was do a refund and shold follow the link on the page to get paid within two to three days. on checking the email i noticed that the preston office number was four digits but when i checked the HMRC offical site it says that the offices have a three digit code also they would never ask you for bank details over an email so please be warned they are afetr you money:Angry:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
They never stop.

I was waiting for a parcel this week, email, "DHL could not deliver parcel". It nearly caught me, but luckily my delivery was UPS. That was a close one, you can see how they get results.

Two today asking to check security on two bank accounts.

G4GMO

Free Member
Sep 6, 2007
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Paypal

Nearly got caught out by a scam email for Paypal stating my account had been limited this morning. By coincidence I am in the process of returning an item and waiting for a refund. Fortunately they used the wrong email account so I then knew it was a scam. :RollEyes:

Got to be so careful. I don't usually clink on a link in an email, tend to go to my bookmarked links.

I also got one of those HMRC emails this morning. I always delete those since I don't do my tax online.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Boo Hoo !!!!

No one has ever attempted to scam me !! Why am I being ignored ? I have always wanted to help out all those gorgeous ladies in Nigeria with the big enticing lips , warts and beards !!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Dont feel left out you will no doubt have a great Uncle you never knew about that has died and left you millions in his will ::bigsmile:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
If you ring HMRC they give you an address to send the spam mail to and they investigate it or not .That`s what they told me, I cant remember the e mail address it is something like HMRC phishing.gov:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I get a few but always delete them and go to the address bar and put the address in there if its of any importance to me .
Had to tell Tez to do the same as he has a tendency to click on anything but luckily he doesnt remember passwords and has to ask me:thumb:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
They never stop.

I was waiting for a parcel this week, email, "DHL could not deliver parcel". It nearly caught me, but luckily my delivery was UPS. That was a close one, you can see how they get results.

Nearly got caught out by a scam email for Paypal stating my account had been limited this morning. By coincidence I am in the process of returning an item and waiting for a refund. Fortunately they used the wrong email account so I then knew it was a scam. :RollEyes:

Got to be so careful. I don't usually clink on a link in an email, tend to go to my bookmarked links.

I also got one of those HMRC emails this morning. I always delete those since I don't do my tax online.

Get both of these e mails regularly.
Ignore them all, even if you believe them to be kosher.
If folk like HMRC, Bank, PayPal etc. want info they will write to you.

nokaii

Free Member
Oct 19, 2010
Nr Manchester
Funster No
Exp
Luckily these scam emails are usually quite easy to spot they very rarely have your name just 'dear customer' or something similar and as others have said I would just delete them

Karen

Pete45

Free Member
Jan 29, 2009
Milton Keynes Bucks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Had 2 RV from 2003
They never stop.

Had two just like that,like you say see how they get results :Angry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back