It's a sad day

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by icantremember, Jan 31, 2012.

1. icantremember

icantremember Funster

We have just returned home without our motorhome having delivered it back to Swift :cry::cry:

After about 18 months of toing & froing between us, our dealer and Swift, they have finally agreed to fix some damage that must have occured at the factory before we took delivery and had been very poorly covered up.:Doh:

I must add that having agreed the problem is down to them they have todate been very accommodating with a hire car and over-night stay.:thumb:

Unfortunately they reckon to need the vehicle for up to eight weeks so no camping for us for a while:Angry:.I guess it is the time to catch up with some of those jobs around home that we have been puting off for so long:Eeek::Blush:

2. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

as long as it is repaired

As long as it is repaired that will be good news for you, longer term.

Bob

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dodgey

Dodgey Funster

Brian, and Joyce, I was wondering the other day what the state of play was, fingers crossed all's well in the end:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

And that to me is simply pee poor customer service..

I can think of NOTHING that should take 8 weeks to sort out..
    Even a whole new floor could be done in less and that is probably the worse job imaginable..

It seems to me that while they have agreed to sort it they are now 'punishing' you for forcing the issue.

Lets face it, if it took Swift 8 weeks to build a complete van they would not still be in business :Angry:

I was seriously looking at Swifts a while ago but there is no way they will get any of my hard earned ..

Yes, some have been lucky and had no problems, but god forbid you do have an issue..
    Absolutely terrible aftersales ( and that is based on maybe 15 -20 incidents reported bth on here and from personal contact with those unlucky enough to have fallen foul of this dreadful company ( all personal opinion you understand and I am sure others have found differently

Glad to hear they are finally sorting it out for you mate, but hell, I would have said your fault, your problem, now gimme a loan VAN while you have it not a poxy car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 4
  5. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

Hi Brian & Joyce, we hope that the repair goes well and that you are soon back on the road. Look forward to seeing you both out and about real soon.

Brisey & Pam.

• Like Like x 1
  6. icantremember

icantremember Funster

That's still a possibility if it goes on too long John,they have said they should complete it a lot sooner and will let me know shortly.

Just at the moment I couldn't be bothered to set another van up for a short time & I have loads to catch-up on around home.

7. Rayb182

Rayb182 Funster Life Member

When we fulltimed we had a leak in the window on the roof, we took it back to Swift factory and they give us a car and paid for a hotel for a week, with the help from our dealer, Johnscross.

• Like Like x 1
  8. chesterfield hooligan

chesterfield hooligan Funster

:Rofl1: do they have visiting day's to see progress :Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Now then Brian,,, if your at home for a while dont for god sake try and empty the toilet cassette !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Jim

Jim Ringleader

I would insist most strongly that they organise a suitable motorhome you to use For the two months they have yours. Email the boss, I'm lead to believe he's a good guy. Post his response here:thumb:

• Like Like x 4
  11. icantremember

icantremember Funster

I have kept the cassette at home and thought I might give Joyce some lessons in it's use.........emptying of course.......she is already proficient at filling it:Rofl1:

• Like Like x 3
  12. icantremember

icantremember Funster

I am hoping it won't be as long as the eight weeks they asked for and I should know soon....if they insist on the such a long period I shall be pushing for a lot more than just a hire van.

As a matter of interest Jim do you happen to know his name?

13. motorhomelover

motorhomelover

I would demand a replacement like for like whilst it is in for repair

14. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Pity you're going to be without your van for a while but it may not go as slowly as it looks at the moment. It's just over 6 weeks since our van was "Asda'd" and we've managed to fill our time. Like you I didn't really feel like setting up/clearing a hire van in the meantime.

Hope they fix it properly and you have no more trouble and that we see you soon.

• Like Like x 2
  15. jezport

jezport Funster

I have heard grate things about Swift customer service. However I do have to wonder why they don't have loan vans to give out. If I was a director I would be looking at ways to keep customers happy baring in mind these people have put their trust and cash into the hands of Swift by their own choice.

I am not criticising Swift merely offering my opinion on how they could make an unpleasant experience for their customers less of a hassle.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Loujess

Loujess Read Only Funster

Hi Joyce and Brian. I think Swift are a decent company, although someone on here will disagree with me, but we have just spent the weekend with owners of the Swift Escape (bottom of the range) and they are very happy with their vans. I just hope your problems are sorted soon. Do you fancy joining us on the way to Marjal? Swift, having accepted responsibiliy, won't let you down. :BigGrin:
    Ivy

• Like Like x 1
  17. icantremember

icantremember Funster

It would certainly make for good customer relations although I can see it would be difficult to for them to keep a fleet of vans for this purpose.

I think legally it would be down to the dealer to supply a vehicle but unlikely they would do so.

18. tofo

tofo Funster

tape the lid down and add a noteno cassette in here

just in case one of swifts little elfs is taken short :Blush::Blush::thumb:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  19. icantremember

icantremember Funster

Hi Ivy, I agree so far that Swift seem very keen to please, although it has taken a lot of work and a long time to get here but I am fairly confident they will have us sorted asap.

Thanks for the suggestion of Marjal, but assuming we have the m/h back in reasonable time we have a busy time planned ahead from March onwards, including our first trip abroad with it for a month in France.
    Best wishes to you and Sandy. Brian

20. icantremember

icantremember Funster

I did think about that and the forgot:Doh:............
    ...................just hope there is no little surprise in the cassette locker when we get it back:Eeek: