Itinerant Wanderings of a Newbie (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Our second sojourn, this time southwards, idea being to visit grandkids (15 year old grandaughter has been rather ill and only discharged from hospital at weekend) in Nottingham, then onto the (NEC 2 nights ) followed by a slow wander onto and along the Norfolk coast for a week or so birding and sightseeing returning slowly northwards and homeward.

Set off yesterday afternoon 140 mile drive to what turned out to be a lovely little CC CL site near Selby called "Stockin Green Farm" Fabulous little site secluded and set amongst trees and an old Apple and Pear orchard. Loads of windblown fruit (no didn't shake branches or use a stick honest :winky:) Would recommend it especially this time of the year, so stocked up with our ill gotten gains on the road by 09.30hrs off to Stapleford and a family visit.

Tonight were on another CC CL at Ashby De La Zouch, staying at Ingles Hill farm, another delightful very scenic quiet site.

Tomorrow the NEC staying at the CC rip off site for 2 nights.

Just booked in (internet, isn't it wonderful!) at Sandringham CC & C site for the weekend.

Looking forward to visiting our first Caravan and Motorhome Show no doubt bending the plastic in the process.

Enough of my ramblings time for a glass or 3 of red.

Hope you don't object to this mini blog.

Cheers all from a very happy camper, now where's that corkscrew?? :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Stewart

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Enough of my ramblings time for a glass or 3 of red.

Hope you don't object to this mini blog.

Cheers all from a very happy camper, now where's that corkscrew?? :thumb::thumb::thumb:
Stewart

You've got the hang of it.

Why should anyone object to your mini blog, it's a hell of sight more relevant to motorhomeFUN than many posts on the front page today.

Take care at the NEC, very dangerous place.

You have our grandchildren problem - too far away :cry:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Yes its a very dangerous place especially if you have plastic with you - much better to hide it for the duration.No telling what you could be cohursed into if the plastic is handy

Enjoy your travels

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
We've just returned from a trip up the east coast and now back home in Norfolk. Would've made straight for the NEC but our free tickets were at home so gotta decide on which day to go.

Now do I take the MH in case I want any onsite jobs done at a show price, thinking of air suspension in particular and solar panels and re-mapping, the list goes on. Perhaps we'll just go in the car, maybe cheaper.

Enjoy your travels in Norfolk, if you want a drive stopover near King's Lynn pm me. :Smile:

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Its good to read blogs whether they are mini or not, so thank you for posting. Enjoy your break in Norfolk, we're a friendly lot.

Dale

www.waveneyrivercentre.co.uk - Norfolk Meet in November 5th-7th, or longer if you wish

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Finally got to the NEC car park, so much for the CC signs, great until we left motorway and first big roundabout, no sign :Angry:. Naturally sods law dictated we ended up on the wrong road so after a manic right turn into the airport car parking (long stay I think, was to busy taking avoiding action from "in a hurry sod you motorists") and using the handy roundabout to to a u-turn we approached from the opposite direction, again lots of helpful yellow CC campsite signs till we got to the airport entrance roundabout no bloody direction sign :Doh: lane closure due to roadworks and very busy thanks CC! Some very terse comments in cab followed by a very frosty silence from herself! OH spies a motorhome ahead going right around it, follow it she orders so the two of us do 2 full turns. Brilliant! suspect he was trying to catch and follow me? :ROFLMAO:

Anyways we finally arrive and mention of the confusing lack of CC signs to marshall, shrug of shoulders and "yeah everyone is saying the same this morning" perhaps some jokers been and nicked them, I blame the eastern europeans", bloody joker!

Visited show after lunch, wow that is something else, though me asking where I could see some mudflaps for a fiat drew a blank with a suggestion I should contact a Fiat dealer! Opening here for an enterprising company, they are an accessory not a spare part, well that was my argument.

Still theres always tomorrow, as an aside what have NPower to do with the show had to be quite rude to some very aggressive salesmanship! Are they that desperate?

Enough for tonight off to the Marquee to see what tonights "free" entertainment is? (hardly free charging £27.50 for a very basic pitch!)

Cheers All

Stewart

MisterED

Free Member
Oct 5, 2009
Sunny Aberdeenshire !
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
3 glorious years, previous 18 a Tugger!
Thanks for the info

Thanks,
We are on our way down to our first show at the NEC on Friday, first night on a five quid cc ::bigsmile:
Then the show on saturday, plastic on the ready:RollEyes:
Hope we get to the site easier than you found, the Club info says to follow the signs:ROFLMAO:
Ah well should be fun.
Cheers
Terry & Hilary

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Didn't bother with final show visit this morning, enjoyed the last 2 days visits and really bent the plastic:cry:

Quiet little tour eastwards we'd booked into what has turned into a very quiet (were the only ones here) CC CL thinking we'd spend the morning at the NEC. Nice site at Northfield Farm near Kettering, arriving mid afternoon gave us the chance to catch up on a few "wee" jobs.

Our first grass field site and its absolutely "stotting" down as I write, owner told me no worry as to when we have to vacate, just as well in the circumstances.

Sandringham tomorrow (CC&C) for the weekend, OH needs some washing and drying facilities apparently, then onto some serious birding along the Norfolk coast, fingers crossed for the weather. :thumb:

ATB

Stewart

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Weekend at the CC & C site at Sandringham, very pleasant, non to busy but TV reception (analogue) almost non existent, BBC 1 ok, BBC 2 very grainy nowt else, definately a satellite site. Had a wander through the CC site seems much more regimented so our forced choice seems the best, booked in for Friday night of this week on our return northwards.

Next 3 nights we are on the CC & C site at West Runton, few customers so very quiet, but what a superb place despite the very iffy road for the last 1/2 mile or so. All 4 analogue TV channels so herself is well pleased.

A question, has anyone any suggestions for something to remove light parallel scratches for my nearside habitation window, narrow lanes/roads and sharp thorned bushes etc when attempting to pass oncoming (idiots) traffic. I'd be obliged for any recommendations they .

Looking forward to a few days of relaxation, birding and sightseeing, and some brilliant news today, I may be on leave thanks to the new roster system at work till 16th November. Oh bliss, home early next week for a few days and now planning a week or more in SW Scotland.

Its a tough job but I suppose? :RollEyes::RollEyes::RollEyes::RollEyes: (Nearly 2000 miles since 1st September but what the hell!!!)

Best wishes from a very very happy camper

Stewart :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back