Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Many, (many) years ago, my mate's old mum was a cleaner, worked early morning at some offices in Manchester. The old girl wasn't very clever on her feet, and would make her way to the bus stop on the main road. 0600 in the morning, and at the bus stop, in the road, is a large brown leather Gladstone bag. So she opened it. Stuffed full of cash, all used notes........And so she stood there, with the bag, hoping that someone would miss it, and maybe retrace their steps.
Missed her bus, (lost a days pay), but suddenly a Jag pulls up, guy gets out. He's a bookie, it transpired, and had left the bag on the roof of the car. He was chuffed. 7 grand in the bag, he said. Right, ta very much, climbed into the Jag, and roared away...........:Eeek::Eeek:
Since then, un-named found cash is ALL MINE!!:)

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Some light fingered so and so nicked my bike in 1952!

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Left the wife's flip flops on the electric step at Lac D'Estaing (well she did but it was obviously my fault for not seeing them when I closed the door)
Are these the ones ?

IMG_0396[1].JPG

Friend went to bed and set the central locking, forgot sandals on step as the step retracted.
Still there next morning

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Found a mobile phone, (expensive) in a car park.

Rang the number listed under "home" in the contacts list and left my number for them to ring to retrieve it.

About ten minutes later the phone I had found rang, and I answered it. I got a foul mouthed tirade as to why I had the phone, together with dire threats to my person if he ever found me. When he finished I told him to retrieve the message left on his house phone and, if he still wanted the phone, assuming I was still willing to return it, he could collect it from the hospital where I was visiting a friend.

Half an hour later the phone rang again. His wife was in the hospital car park to collect it. He didn't have the guts or courtesy to apologise himself.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We nearly left a dog once ... the little sod sneaked out whilst we were packing stuff away ... he was just sat at the side of the aire enjoying the scenery ... fortunately hubby saw him in the wing mirror .... :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back