Itchy Feet on Sherrifs Programme (1 Viewer)

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
diggin_smilie.gif

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
We bought our RV from Itchy Feet a long time ago and only had praise for them.
Things move on I know and that programme certainly gave them bad publicity which is a shame as since our dealings with them so long ago, I have never heard or read one bad word about them, only positives, which is more than I can say for several other RV dealers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Once "sold" a car via a brokerage (30 years ago). They said they had sold it, sent us a cheque and the cheque bounced. Then the brokerage went into liquidation. It was all a huge mess, the car was never traced and we got 5p in the £1. It was a huge blow financially as at the time as we were very young and had small children (two under four and a third on the way).

The car was sold as my husband was able to get an ex-company car through his work which had three seat belts in the back - the car we sold only had two.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well I have no interest one way or the other really and I'm not on anyone's side - like marriages that break up - it's none of my, or anyone else's business - so you can't take sides.

BUT

I'm gobsmacked that it apparently cost a business all those years ago £10,000 to show just one RV at Shepton Mallet. In fact - I do not believe it!!

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
BUT

I'm gobsmacked that it apparently cost a business all those years ago £10,000 to show just one RV at Shepton Mallet. In fact - I do not believe it!!

I don't think that is what they are saying. They were giving an indication of what the costs a dealer faces when selling a van, the £10k would be the costs of the whole space to the company, they could have also listed staff costs etc.

I operate a small marina and purposely have not got involved in brokerage sales as the whole area is a minefield in contract law terms, with HP, warranties and the bane of every business - bloody customers who always want "a deal". For the margins involved I value my sanity more.

easygirl

Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Kontiki
Exp
3 years
I think the itchy feet owners response does nothing to reassure me of his company's reputation.
Would something like.........
I've had a dispute with a customer , which was taken to court and I lost
My sons attitude was totally wrong and I apologise for that and so does my son"................
Not be more appropriate

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
I think the itchy feet owners response does nothing to reassure me of his company's reputation.
Would something like.........
I've had a dispute with a customer , which was taken to court and I lost
My sons attitude was totally wrong and I apologise for that and so does my son"................
Not be more appropriate

Personally I prefer what he has provided as to why they "lost", as someone who has seen the way the courts operate from both sides, won twice lost once, the loss on a technical timing issue similar to the Itchy Feet experience, I think his response provided balance.

As to the behaviour of his son, well it is well documented that these programmes purposely go out of their way to create a conflict = great TV, and if that doesn't work a bit of editing will do the trick.

karolann

Free Member
Mar 19, 2015
northampton
Funster No
MH
rv
Exp
Hi, no i did not, please advise me on how i broke the rules. I joined to search for information and possible advice on buying a motorhome,as i fell in love with the rvs whilst working with them. I have viewed the bbc clip now and the camera man can be heard goding the son on. But its old news now.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
no i did not, please advise me on how i broke the rules.

I did not say you broke the rules.... what I said..

please read the Forum Rules before commenting further on Itchy Feet

The reason being, your post hinted that you had 'inside' information that you were going to comment on .. >>>

will comment after i watch the show,but sounds like nothings changed sadly.

anything said on this forum that may be considered libelous by a company , Jim the site owner can be legally held responsible for..

glad you found the site and hope you join, the best tenner you will spend.. plenty of RV owners on here to guide you and answer any questions..

Last edited:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
any one up for a meet to go and see this hole that they have dug for them selves. or is it a shrine.

easygirl

Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Kontiki
Exp
3 years
When you say the cameraman goaded the son?
Could the son not have politely asked the cameraman to leave the premises, then gone inside to deal with the sherriff?

The outcome for the business would have been much better

Did they edit the foul language into the sons mouth
And when the dealer says the barristers agreed to settle, that's not quite right, it's down to the defendant to agree to settle, I'm sure the barristers consulted the defendant before agreeing to settle

Last edited:

freespeech

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
Im a newbie
I think Itchy Feets email continues to show them in a bad light. Setting a room aside to show the case is ridiculous as they will only show what they want to show and its almost as if they are trying to make the claimant in the case a villain.

2 DIFFERENT JUDGES decided the claimant was right and they withheld his money

people aren't trying to say its wrong to make a profit its wrong to have an endless part exchange chain to withhold money.

its also a shame that opinions cant be expressed without fear off Itchy Feet taking legal proceedings. People need to be able to show facts to help protect the consumer perhaps this isn't the place as its about the enjoyment of motorhomes but protection of consumers does play a part in enjoyment

Im sure Itchy Feet have many happy customers but it also shows some aren't so happy.

a lot of companies have featured on the programme and reacted differently as in admitting their mistakes so its just a shame that the makers of the programme set out to ruin Itchy Feet who hadn't done anything wrong lol

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
they should have given him his money when they sold his m/home. case over.

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
5 years but still learning
I think Itchy Feets email continues to show them in a bad light. Setting a room aside to show the case is ridiculous as they will only show what they want to show and its almost as if they are trying to make the claimant in the case a villain.

2 DIFFERENT JUDGES decided the claimant was right and they withheld his money

people aren't trying to say its wrong to make a profit its wrong to have an endless part exchange chain to withhold money.

its also a shame that opinions cant be expressed without fear off Itchy Feet taking legal proceedings. People need to be able to show facts to help protect the consumer perhaps this isn't the place as its about the enjoyment of motorhomes but protection of consumers does play a part in enjoyment

Im sure Itchy Feet have many happy customers but it also shows some aren't so happy.

a lot of companies have featured on the programme and reacted differently as in admitting their mistakes so its just a shame that the makers of the programme set out to ruin Itchy Feet who hadn't done anything wrong lol

interesting forum name and first post ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back