Free Member
Nov 13, 2012
Somerset UK
Funster No
MH
Lowline Mototrek
Exp
40 years on and off
I have had an email today from Itchy Feet, Northants, Michael Randle saying they have ceased trading. Shame. Also shame for me because I have some warranty issues to resolve on my vehicle I bought new recently

OP
OP
Montybe

Montybe

Free Member
Nov 13, 2012
Somerset UK
Funster No
MH
Lowline Mototrek
Exp
40 years on and off
They stopped answering calls from me a week ago.....I sent them recently a formal letter recorded delivery about my warranty claims. No reply. Website still working. Maybe they will re-emerge as some thing else.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Didn't they get some bad publicity on the tv last year when the bailiffs had to call on them for non payment of a debt?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I suggest take some legal advice. If you have a new vehicle and the dealer has gone bust you may have redress against the manufacturer who presumably appointed them a dealer.

It is a complex subject and the simple line "your contract is with the dealer only" isn't necessarily true based on what I have read here.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

Company status
Active — Active proposal to strike off

Accounts

First accounts made up to 31 January 2016
due by 19 October 2016

Annual return overdue
First annual return made up to 19 January 2016
due by 16 February 2016

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
* waits for the "pre-pack" administration, liquidation and start up under another name with same directors *

Look what happened to BHills a few years ago. Slid out of all obligations and started up as a different company soon thereafter.

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
* waits for the "pre-pack" administration, liquidation and start up under another name with same directors *

Look what happened to BHills a few years ago. Slid out of all obligations and started up as a different company soon thereafter.

Just what I was thinking.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I have had an email today from Itchy Feet, Northants, Michael Randle saying they have ceased trading. Shame. Also shame for me because I have some warranty issues to resolve on my vehicle I bought new recently

They stopped answering calls from me a week ago.....I sent them recently a formal letter recorded delivery about my warranty claims. No reply. Website still working. Maybe they will re-emerge as some thing else.

Should be able to get warranty problems fixed by any dealer who is an agent for the brand.

Edit: Just had a look at their site mainly RV's so you may have a problem.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

Lots of business go bust, many of this countries most successful serial entrepreneurs have lost a few companies. Please let's not tar itchy feet with the Phoenix brush till they do it.

Seems Eric is not very well, I liked him, I hope he gets well soon. I always thought he gave too much responsibility to his son who I did feel was, shall we say, not the businessman his dad was. Shame, no one likes to see a company go under, well apart from a few who seem to delight in it but have no idea what it's like to start one.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Lots of business go bust, many of this countries most successful serial entrepreneurs have lost a few companies. Please let's not tar itchy feet with the Phoenix brush till they do it.

Seems Eric is not very well, I liked him, I hope he gets well soon. I always thought he gave too much responsibility to his son who I did feel was, shall we say, not the businessman his dad was. Shame, no one likes to see a company go under, well apart from a few who seem to delight in it but have no idea what it's like to start one.
When working, I've been stung financially by too many companies pre packing to take anything other than a cynical view, but you are right of course. Too early to prejudge.

Reactions: Jim

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Your profile says you have a mototrek, if so why not contact them direct?

f6c

Nov 7, 2010
gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
23 Years
Very well put Jim its so easy to criticize but its bloody hard work keeping your good name.

OP
OP
Montybe

Montybe

Free Member
Nov 13, 2012
Somerset UK
Funster No
MH
Lowline Mototrek
Exp
40 years on and off
IMG_0149.jpg

Rest assured, I have all matters under control. I am in direct touch now with MotoTrek. All new vans have snags and teething problems. The MotoTrekExcite I have is blindingly brilliant, but there are a few things that need sorting out under warranty, so no problem. Eric Randle at Itchy Feet the agents has always been very personable with me, and his son also. However when I returned from abroad finally in March to get the snags sorted I sensed that all was not well, hence my delivery of a formal letter. Little did I know. But what commercial position they will take is up to them.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Bloody hell, my Dad took his van back a week ago last Monday for some extras to be carried out. He is now on holiday overseas. I will phone them in the morning.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Bloody hell, my Dad took his van back a week ago last Monday for some extras to be carried out. He is now on holiday overseas. I will phone them in the morning.

No one will be answering the phone at IF. But hopefully, your dad's van will be with these guys. http://www.jcmotorhomes.com/ They have bought part of Itchy Ft and I think all vans have been moved to them.

Reactions: f6c

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Oh dear Andrea I hope his van is safe.

Reactions: f6c

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
I've checked with the tracker and it's still at Sywell as at 3 minutes ago.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
I've checked with the tracker and it's still at Sywell as at 3 minutes ago.
Would they have let your dad know the van was being moved ? But he never got the info as he was away? What a shocker for you to read that!

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
It's not been moved its still in Sywell @ itchy feet. Dad has his phone on him and if they had told him anything at all believe me we would have known. Luckily I have access to the tracker so I could check its location straight away.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
It's not been moved its still in Sywell @ itchy feet. Dad has his phone on him and if they had told him anything at all believe me we would have known. Luckily I have access to the tracker so I could check its location straight away.
If they've gone bust will everything be seized or can you collect it?

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
The receivers can't sieze goods that don't belong to itchy feet. The problem will be getting access to collect. I will try and establish who are the receivers in the morning and go from there.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
I thought it might be something like that. Good luck , you are the lady to get things done!! Does your dad know or are you keeping him out of the loop at the moment?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back