LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Discovered by accident because we needed a stopover.

I'll whisper this because we don't want it flooded with tourists.

Lago di Caldonazz0, near Trento. A stone's throw from Garda but how different. High mountains surround it. It's small. But Sooooo peaceful. There are loads of campsites. We used Spiaggia, simple site, just essentials, like position and good clean facilities. Two delightful towns to cycle to. A place to relax.

So don't spread it around but do give it a go.

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
Funnily enough we stopped at Lago di Levico just over the hill in May and liked that spot also.A lot quieter than the better known lakes if you want to chill!:thumb:

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
M and Me used to go to a Company called costaplast and there is a great Restaurant just by the small railway and by the lake we had many a great time in caldonazo a great little village:thumb:Enjoy your time there.and if you keep on the main super strada it will take you to lake garda, with some more great Restaurants on the way.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Thanks Hillweller and Johnstey - Lago di Levico

Thanks for the tip Hilldweller and Johnstey - we are on campsite Lago de Levico now and it's lovely, although very busy considering the time of year. Weather is glorious and facilities are excellent. Probably staying for 3-4 days - any other Funsters in the area?

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
We're on Lake Iseo at the moment. We've just arrived at Camping Covelo which has offered one of the most impressive welcomes I've ever had on a campsite. We are planning to move towards Garda next but with no site in mind. This pretty much fits the bill. We'll probably be here for 3days.

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We left Garda on Friday and are currently near Zermatt, Switzerland

I felt Garda was very quiet this year, indeed on one campsite, we were the only guests!!!!

Russell

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back