Trader - Service & Repairs
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2007
Chapel st Leonard's. Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi there has anyone been to La Spezia in Italy we are going in July via Calais ,Marseille and working our way up to here :Smile::Smile:

Is there any free camping in this area or any good Aires :thumb::thumb:

Ash

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
We did the same trip in May.
-We stayed at a canalside aire at Mareuil sur Ay near Epernay, champagne area. lovely spot with 10 places, shops,PO Cafe walks
- Then a France Passion stop at Loriel sur Drome which gave us fresh strawberries aparagus and mange tout picked that morning
Then a great Aire or Sosta at Diano Marina, Camping Oasi Park, 11 euros in May. Very crowded but we could walk to the shops restaurants Tuesday market, take a train to many places and buses to San Remo. It was very crowded and tightly packed but we were adopted by an Italian Family. We liked it so much that we stayed but it may be too crowded for some. Electric, water, grey and black water disposal but own facilities needed. The rest of the time we spent in campsites
Have a great time.
Lucille

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
There's a Sosta run by Italian motorhome enthusiasts about 2 miles outside La Spezia with an easy bus run in.

It's down by the docks - just follow the coastal road South through the dock area - it's signed. A secure area (also has an ambulance station within it) with water and waste and limited shower/toilet facilities if I remember correctly. Although the area is docks sandwiched in amongst them is a luxury yacht basin with restaurants etc.

Not too impressed at first we ended up touring the Cinque Terre villages and returning each evening.

:Smile:
Keith

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

d4rk1

Deleted User
Italian Gas Bottles

Hi there, Can I tax you knwoledge base and ask if anyone knows where to buy Italian gas bottles from, if so roughly how much do they cost and are the about the same sizes and shapes as UK ones?

I have a 2002 Fiat Ducatto KNAUS build (called NOD) which is great fun, have driven it down from Portsmouth to just north of Naples (amongst many ohter places), which i did over the course of the week, staying at Lyon and bologne.

My UK gas bottles are now just under half way so any words of wisdom would certainly be greatly appreciated.

I would like a new KNAUS but will have to wait a few years!

Many thanks in advance,

Paul

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back