Italy Hire (1 Viewer)

osshuser

Free Member
Feb 9, 2010
Funster No
Hello All,

This is my first post so go easy. I am not a Motorhome owner but my family and i have always fancied one. This year an opportunity has arisen which will allow us to try it out.

We are attending a Wedding in Tuscanny in May. We know that Tuscanny is a beautiful part of the world and after the wedding we are going to tour the area in a hired motor home. This is where i was hoping someone could offer some advice here.

Can anyone recommend a reputable company in Italy to hire a Motor home from? I have a young family and safety is paramount. I've browsed the web and while there is many places that hire i can't find much advice about them.

Also, does anyone know the laws in Italy in regards to 'pitching up' do you have to use campsites or can you park up anywhere?

Many thanks, any advice on this or any other relevant matter is greatly appreciated.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Many thanks, any advice on this or any other relevant matter is greatly appreciated.

Brilliant plan, you need to do this.

But there is another way - John's Cross, Peter on here - hires near the south coast. So for 4 extra day's driving you can have more of an adventure and hire from a known good source in the UK.

You are talking something like 750 miles each way extra, about £300 in diesel. Mainly glorious miles.

OP
OP
O

osshuser

Free Member
Feb 9, 2010
Funster No
Thanks for the advice Hilldweller,

However we've already paid for our flights to Rome, so i was hoping to pick something up around that area.

I must admit though i do like the idea of driving there however with a 2 and 3 year old in tow it may be a liitle much for a first try.

Cheers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I must admit though i do like the idea of driving there however with a 2 and 3 year old in tow it may be a liitle much for a first try.
Cheers.

Yes, much better with 3+4 or 4+5, you've got loads of time to do it.

If you are in Michaelangelo Florence on 25/27 May do say hello to the FUN crowd.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back