Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
This is Siesta time, right? ;)

I think you dont get it to be honest!lol while camp sites are full and have to be booked well in advance to get on a good one, life is very normal out and about..all the numpties go to the coast:D

campsite
campsite.JPG
dinner with our kids and their friends
dinner.JPG

shopping
shop.JPG

Yeah its unbearable!:giggle:

Oct 25, 2014
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs A 7870-2
Exp
Newbie, caravanner since 2008
I think you dont get it to be honest!lol
Haha, you're probably right! Until you try somewhere, you never know if it's a good fit.
The only thing that's attracting us to the Lakes is the water to be honest. We don't really do shopping or sunbathing. I'm guessing an Austrian/Northern most Italian campsite combo would suit us best.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
been watching this with interest. Nikki and I and the Bear are going to Garda in September when we hope it to be a little quieter.
Looking at campsites TBH, done the aire thing and great for a stop over but I want my BBQ chairs washing line and smelly feet out whilst we sip champagne.
Will the bear be allowed to swim in the lake? and a site close to a town would be good..

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
do you have to book? can maybe jiggle dates a bit as remember it now from your blog :)
Maybe? We cycled there the day before to check out the wine. Asked about the restaurant so booked for the next day as it happens. They let us stay in the car park overnight (bit like Brit Stops hehe)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Was the weather unusually rubbish (in August) last year? Lots of people reported camping on top of 'rivers of mud'.

Indeed....last year never seen anything like it in 12 years. but from Lux - Alsace - Germany - Austria as we toured down it was all awful!

At least when we got to Italy it was warm! and weather did improve but site was muddy and we had to move pitches.

One bad year in 12 on the trot, I can live with that? Fingers crossed for this year. its a mountainous region so summer thunder storms a part of it but last year was not good. but we did get plenty of cycling done in Italy which salvaged the trip.

Feb 27, 2014
London
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
We're with you Nicknic: the dog comes first so let's enjoy the journey...slowly..and see (sniff) a few places on the way.
Like the idea of Lake Orta; what is the best route avoiding the expensive tunnels?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back