Free Member
Oct 10, 2016
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo 734
Exp
Hi all
Have ordered an IT 734 Sovereign which will be delivered Spring 2017. I'm thinking of fitting Gaslow twin 11kg bottles with an external filler. I believe this model and others in the Ixeo and Nexxo range have a slide-out gas locker. After reading various posts on the forum, I understand it is sometimes difficult to get the bottles filled on the Continent if the filler is fitted on the compartment door, which would seem the sensible place to locate.

Has anyone had an external filler fitted?

Floydster

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime
We've got an Ixeo it680g and had 2x 14kg aluminium fillable bottles with the filler in the skirt fitted at Autogas 2000 in Thirsk, a very helpful company and a bit of Funster discount as well.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If it's like this:

Link Removed

then the obvious place is in the skirt below the door itself, the pipe would just go down through one of the drop out vents, if the skirt itself isn't strong enough you might have to put a plate/bracket on the rear, but that's not a major issue so an easy job.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B

Bull

Free Member
Oct 10, 2016
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo 734
Exp
That photo is the correct model MH. The only concern I have, is because the bottles are fitted to a slide mechanism (similar to below)

Link Removed

If the filler is fitted to a fixed point the cable will move every time you slide the bottles out and back in. I know you would rarely have to do this, but was interested to understand what other people with this set-up do

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The hose will move as you travel anyway so don't worry about it as they are meant to take the movement without issue. Just don't put it in the door as that will cause even more movement than putting it in the skirt and may cause concern at fuel stations when you come to fill it, whereas one in the skirt is less likely to.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If you are having re-fillable bottles no need to waste money on the slide out carrier, I assume around the same price as Hymer about €650.
Also with the size and stiffness of the bottle to filler hose you won't be able to move the tray anyway.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
If you are having re-fillable bottles no need to waste money on the slide out carrier, I assume around the same price as Hymer about €650.
Also with the size and stiffness of the bottle to filler hose you won't be able to move the tray anyway.
Eh!!!!!! £650 for a sliding bit of metal etc !!!!! Madness.

OP
OP
B

Bull

Free Member
Oct 10, 2016
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo 734
Exp
I believe the slider is standard. The whole Gaslow kit is around £600 by the time you add the auto-changeover and adpaters

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I believe the slider is standard. The whole Gaslow kit is around £600 by the time you add the auto-changeover and adpaters
Seems expensive ... I thought it would be a fair bit less than that.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back