It arrived today!

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Mags52, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Mags52

Mags52 Funster

Our Geist new to us motorhome arrived today. So excited! Put a load of stuff in it then took it out for a drive. Rattle rattle - ok we'll have to reload with a bit more thought. Typical ex-caravanners I suppose.:Wink:
    I found the change of driving position and the fact that the pedals were closer together than on our car quite disconcerting at first but Shirley took to it straight away.
    Better get some practice in before we set off for France at the end of August.
    One thing I'm not happy about is that the habitation door doesn't shut neatly against the body - it stands out a couple of centimetres. Should we be concerned?
    Mags

2. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

Supprised your not sleeping in it tonight lol
    have fun i will let others with motorhomes answer the question about the door, to me it should be level with rest of bodywork but i could be wrong

3. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

Hi Mags52

Don't know but to me the door should be level.

To help with rattles we always stop with old tea towels, either wrapped or stuffed in the gaps, make wonderful space fillers. and rattle stoppers. We get ours mainly from charity shops. They also come in handy for spills etc, or in our case dog drying.
    We find them handy as if they get too soiled and a quick wash wont clean then just discard.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

4. Mags52

Mags52 Funster

Thanks for the tip about the old tea towels. I was just about to throw some away. :thumb:
    The door is level but it doesn't close right to. I may just be being too gentle having been used to caravan doors that are very flimsy.
    The fly screen seems to be preventing it shutting completely.
    As for sleeping in it last night - tempted, sorely tempted. :RollEyes:

5. movan

movan Funster Life Member

Congratulation... and welcome.
    Re the habitation door, MINE doesn't fit flush either. I took it back to where I got it and they fixed it but within two weeks it wasn't flush again. Then someone on here said theirs wasn't either and this is common as it is something to do with the air inside the van when yu are driving pushing the door out and nothing to worry about.

Don't know how true it is but since then I havn't worried.:Smile:

6. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

As Joy says "Congratulations and welcome".

Don't forget to have a cup of tea in it on your driveway as often as you can:Rofl1:

Phil

7. Mags52

Mags52 Funster

The cup of tea is my plan for this afternoon after I've finished dredging through all the rubbish we pulled out of the caravan. How much stuff do we end up carrying around? It's astonishing!
    Thanks for all the replies - will ignore the door unless it causes a problem.
    Mags