Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Our Geist new to us motorhome arrived today. So excited! Put a load of stuff in it then took it out for a drive. Rattle rattle - ok we'll have to reload with a bit more thought. Typical ex-caravanners I suppose.:winky:
I found the change of driving position and the fact that the pedals were closer together than on our car quite disconcerting at first but Shirley took to it straight away.
Better get some practice in before we set off for France at the end of August.
One thing I'm not happy about is that the habitation door doesn't shut neatly against the body - it stands out a couple of centimetres. Should we be concerned?
Mags

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Supprised your not sleeping in it tonight lol
have fun i will let others with motorhomes answer the question about the door, to me it should be level with rest of bodywork but i could be wrong

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Mags52

Don't know but to me the door should be level.

To help with rattles we always stop with old tea towels, either wrapped or stuffed in the gaps, make wonderful space fillers. and rattle stoppers. We get ours mainly from charity shops. They also come in handy for spills etc, or in our case dog drying.
We find them handy as if they get too soiled and a quick wash wont clean then just discard.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks for the tip about the old tea towels. I was just about to throw some away. :thumb:
The door is level but it doesn't close right to. I may just be being too gentle having been used to caravan doors that are very flimsy.
The fly screen seems to be preventing it shutting completely.
As for sleeping in it last night - tempted, sorely tempted. :RollEyes:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Congratulation... and welcome.
Re the habitation door, MINE doesn't fit flush either. I took it back to where I got it and they fixed it but within two weeks it wasn't flush again. Then someone on here said theirs wasn't either and this is common as it is something to do with the air inside the van when yu are driving pushing the door out and nothing to worry about.

Don't know how true it is but since then I havn't worried.:Smile:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
As Joy says "Congratulations and welcome".

Don't forget to have a cup of tea in it on your driveway as often as you can:ROFLMAO:

Phil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
The cup of tea is my plan for this afternoon after I've finished dredging through all the rubbish we pulled out of the caravan. How much stuff do we end up carrying around? It's astonishing!
Thanks for all the replies - will ignore the door unless it causes a problem.
Mags

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back