Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
Has anyone been to the Isles of Scilly? Chris fancys a trip there next year but i do not think you can take a Motorhome across to the Isles. Looked at sites on the Isles and they all seem to be for Camping Only. Ferries do not mention Motorhomes. So do we leave the Motorhome in Penzance and get the ferry across and do a few days in a tent ? anyone with information please:Doh::Doh:

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
no you cant take your motor home to the scillys , we used to go camping on one of the off islands st agnes , lovely campsite , they also have a cottage and cabins that are let out . you get the boat to st marys then another to the off island then tim hicks who owns the site comes down with tractor and trailer to take your gear to the site . think his son runs it now . the scillys is worth going to , its so beautiful there . i find st marys the main island a bit like being here (cornwall) so find its better to stay on an off island , no cars . :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
it is or waspossible to take your car to the scilys it was lifted on to the scillonian by a crane. i used to have customers there and many times took cars to trhem. .that was 10yrs ago .i think campers is a definate no. push bike camping is the norm. nice place i also had a grlfriend from tresco but i wouldnt like to live there. worth a visit. cheers alan.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back